• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Black Screen In Dvd Where Picture Should Be!

sbusboom

Question

I made a DVD slideshow set to music in videowave and it previews fine. At first when I would burn it, the DVD would skip and be completely unwatchable. So I remade the movie from scratch 4 different times and everytime it would preview fine, and after burning the .iso image it would play back in the "j" drive emulator mode fine, then when I burned it, it would still skip. Finally, we re-saved the movie as a .avi and compressed it before burning it and now finally, the DVD will play without skipping. HOWEVER, the screen goes black where pictures are suppossed to be. I have tried EVERYTHING that customer support has recommended, I have been on the phone with customer support all week and nobody has helped me solve this problem! We figured out for ourselves the one solution that we came up with to at least get the .avi file to burn. Does anyone have ANY idea what the problem is with the black panels??? I read someone's suggestion about double clicking the image in the program and clicking "autofix", and they said that solved the problem. But, it didn't work for me. The problem is that it is random which pictures it leaves out, so even if I were to take out the images that are coming up black, next time it will do it to different images. Also, I would love to solve the burning problem without having to burn the movie as an .avi because I would like the menu. I have taken out all transitions and motion text, it's just simple pictures (set to a duration of 3 secs.) Any help would be so appreciated, I am at my wits end here! Thanks

1 answer to this question

I made a DVD slideshow set to music in videowave and it previews fine. At first when I would burn it, the DVD would skip and be completely unwatchable. So I remade the movie from scratch 4 different times and everytime it would preview fine, and after burning the .iso image it would play back in the "j" drive emulator mode fine, then when I burned it, it would still skip. Finally, we re-saved the movie as a .avi and compressed it before burning it and now finally, the DVD will play without skipping. HOWEVER, the screen goes black where pictures are suppossed to be. I have tried EVERYTHING that customer support has recommended, I have been on the phone with customer support all week and nobody has helped me solve this problem! We figured out for ourselves the one solution that we came up with to at least get the .avi file to burn. Does anyone have ANY idea what the problem is with the black panels??? I read someone's suggestion about double clicking the image in the program and clicking "autofix", and they said that solved the problem. But, it didn't work for me. The problem is that it is random which pictures it leaves out, so even if I were to take out the images that are coming up black, next time it will do it to different images. Also, I would love to solve the burning problem without having to burn the movie as an .avi because I would like the menu. I have taken out all transitions and motion text, it's just simple pictures (set to a duration of 3 secs.) Any help would be so appreciated, I am at my wits end here! Thanks

What program in the suite are you using to create your slideshow. You should be using Videowave. If you were using The Slideshow Assistant then the problem you are describing seems to occur often. After you have created your slideshow in Videowave save it as a project file (dmsm foramt). Then launch myDVD and add the dmsm project file as the movie. You can then create your menus and proceed to burn

Also burning the movie to DVD in avi format (most likely DivX) means that the DVD is payable on only a few DVD players.

Archived