Cant Burn Iso Files

KeithProvost

Question

Hey everyone, having two issues now.

First, when I edit a video in video wave, then move it to myDVD, then go to burn it, it goes through the process only to end in error. Not buring anything onto the blank disk. So I create an iso file on the hard drive and the setting it correct as +DL. Now when I go to burn iso onto disk, i get message incompatible file type or something like that.

So I ry to use another program Cyberlink to burn iso file. it completes with no errors, actually burns to disk, but disk show up as blank!

Please help. tried almost everything i can think of. doing a clean reboot with msconfig has been tried.

Also went into device manager...what is roxio DVD-ROM emulator scsi cdrom device.? try to delete but keeps installing even with msconfig.

thank you

Keith

8 answers to this question

Hey everyone, having two issues now.

First, when I edit a video in video wave, then move it to myDVD, then go to burn it, it goes through the process only to end in error. Not buring anything onto the blank disk. So I create an iso file on the hard drive and the setting it correct as +DL. Now when I go to burn iso onto disk, i get message incompatible file type or something like that.

So I ry to use another program Cyberlink to burn iso file. it completes with no errors, actually burns to disk, but disk show up as blank!

Please help. tried almost everything i can think of. doing a clean reboot with msconfig has been tried.

Also went into device manager...what is roxio DVD-ROM emulator scsi cdrom device.? try to delete but keeps installing even with msconfig.

thank you

Keith

I personally prefer burning to an image file all the time but much has to do with the media you're using as well as your burner. Roxio does seem to be a bit more finicky with some drives so make sure your burner is updated with the latest firmware.

It would be helpful to know exactly what the error said if you run into this again.

KeithProvost,

do you have a bought retail version of Roxio Easy Media Creator V9? If so open tools DVDInfo Pro and look at the burned disc, what does it say like below? You can copy the information to the clipboard icon and post here.

Media Information

Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO

Media code/Manufacturer ID RITEK D01

Media Product Revision Number 01h

Format Capacity Blank Disc

Free Blocks 4253024256

Free Capacity 7.96GB(8.55GB)

Book Type DVD+R DL

Media Type DVD+R DL

Manufacturer Rated Speed 2.4x 3324KBps

Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.4x 3324KBps

Linear Density Blank Disc

Track Density Unknown

Number of Layers 1

Complete Media Code

00000000 01 02 00 00 E1 0F 32 10 00 03 00 00 00 FC FF FF ......2.........

00000010 00 22 D7 FF 00 00 00 52 49 54 45 4B 00 00 00 44 .".....RITEK...D

00000020 30 31 01 40 25 25 37 0C 00 28 64 00 28 64 20 1F 01.@%%7..(d.(d .

00000030 0C 0C 14 14 02 01 01 20 00 20 1F 0C 0C 14 14 02 ....... . ......

what is roxio DVD-ROM emulator scsi cdrom device.?

Under tools Disc Image Loader, remove it there.

cd

I personally prefer burning to an image file all the time but much has to do with the media you're using as well as your burner. Roxio does seem to be a bit more finicky with some drives so make sure your burner is updated with the latest firmware.

It would be helpful to know exactly what the error said if you run into this again.

FUNNY THING IS... i never can burn iso file with roxio, so i was using cyberlink. and i havent even moved the laptop, i sucessfully burned 3 dvds now i cant. errr.

the error i get in roxio trying to burn iso to disk is incompatible disk! but i create iso using the +rdl choice, and the disks are +r.

but i create iso using the +rdl choice, and the disks are +r.

A +R single layer disc is 4.7gb, a +R dual layer disc is 8.5gb, or was that a typo?

If not the ISO you made is probably to big! Do you see the difference?

cd

A +R single layer disc is 4.7gb, a +R dual layer disc is 8.5gb, or was that a typo?

If not the ISO you made is probably to big! Do you see the difference?

cd

yup know that! :) I am using DL disks iso file is 7.4g i am creating file using "fit to disk" choice

Just tried to burn another disk just now. I realize it is in another program Cyberlink, but that is only because I cant do it in Roxio ......

ok just ried something...

if i try to burn iso using the "home page" of roxio, clicking burn image under the copy tab, i get the incompatible message. But if i do it under disk copier and select source as image file, then it starts the burn. I am burning right now, so will see if it goes through process and I can read disk afterwards.

yup know that! :) I am using DL disks iso file is 7.4g i am creating file using "fit to disk" choice

Just tried to burn another disk just now. I realize it is in another program Cyberlink, but that is only because I cant do it in Roxio ......

ok just ried something...

if i try to burn iso using the "home page" of roxio, clicking burn image under the copy tab, i get the incompatible message. But if i do it under disk copier and select source as image file, then it starts the burn. I am burning right now, so will see if it goes through process and I can read disk afterwards.

Don't use "Fit to Disk". Use HQ High Quality. Then burn it to an .iso file or Folder Set.

They are 2 completely different programs!

The one you click that operates in the Home screen is a Sonic quickie that may does not have a lot going for it. (image burn)

Whereas Disc Copier is a pure Roxio stand alone program and will serve you well.

Archived