• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tag Problem Ripping Cd's

Syd81

Question

I am using Toast 9 for ripping my CD's into AAC format. I feel that Toast 9 offers a better encoder than iTunes. The problem I am having, however, is that when I import the tracks into iTunes they have minimal tags, as in - artist, tile and album only. No track number. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Anyone have a similar problem? Could someone give it a try?

I just checked and it's the same for me. I'll ponder this over the weekend and see if I can come up with an alternative. One way I believe would work is for you to import the tracks as AIFF files into iTunes and then add the tracks to Toast using the Toast Media Browser. Incidentally, the Toast Media Browser won't update itself with new additions in the iTunes library without quitting and reopening Toast.

Thanks for giving it a try, I truly appreciate it. As a new Mac user I've been banging my head against the wall on this one for most of the day. I'm feeling pretty fed up with Toast 9. This should be a simple matter of insert disc, rip, and import -- that's how it works with Easy Media Creator in Window. This failure to populate the tags has to be a bug. It makes no sense at all!

Archived