Emc 10 V. Emc 7.5 Files

JohnD

Question

Still happily using EMC 7.5, but suspect that will end soon when Microsoft imposes the next Service Pack on XP Pro users--forcibly installing the EMC 7.5-functions-disabling IE 7. At that point I guess it will be time to go to EMC 10, but I'm concerned I'll no longer be able to open or make changes in my many legacy Videowave and DVD Builder projects. Can you advise whether or not I will be? I tried to search the forum for the answer without troubling the members, but came up empty. Thanks.

6 answers to this question

I'm concerned I'll no longer be able to open or make changes in my many legacy Videowave and DVD Builder projects.

It might be a good idea to output those VideoWave files to make a new movie that you can use in EMC 10.

For the DVD Builder projects, burn it to a DVD or a DVD_Video folder on your hard drive. You can import the video from the DVD or folder if you need to edit them again.

I think you can edit VideoWave projects with IE 7 on your computer, but IE 7 'breaks' DVD Builder so that you can't add movies or projects to the menu.

Thanks to all. The consensus is 1. Run both 7.5 and 10, and 2. Don't be afraid of Service Pack 3--it won't force-feed IE7 onto my machine after all (though I had read in the EMC 7.5 forum that if that happens, uninstalling IE7 will cause the machine to revert back to IE6 and EMC 7.5 will once again be happy). Again, my thanks.

Archived