Trial Version Expired

Gig A.

Question

I have EMC 9 Suite and was thinking of upgrading to EMC 10 Suite.

I had a problem with EMC 9 and Norton System Works A few times.

If Norton did a Windows Registry Scan it made the intalled EMC 9 come up with "trial version expired" making EMC 9 unuseable and had to go thru a lenghtly process to get EMC 9 Re-installed.

Does the new version EMC 10 Suite have this same problem? (with Norton Registy scan making EMC 10 come up with the same "trial version expired"?)

I need to know BEFORE I purchase EMC 10.

Thank you

George A. / USA

5 answers to this question

I have EMC 9 Suite and was thinking of upgrading to EMC 10 Suite.

I had a problem with EMC 9 and Norton System Works A few times.

If Norton did a Windows Registry Scan it made the intalled EMC 9 come up with "trial version expired" making EMC 9 unuseable and had to go thru a lenghtly process to get EMC 9 Re-installed.

Does the new version EMC 10 Suite have this same problem? (with Norton Registy scan making EMC 10 come up with the same "trial version expired"?)

I need to know BEFORE I purchase EMC 10.

Thank you

George A. / USA

Yes, it does, but there is an easy fix. Type Norton Systemworks, in the search box, above right, and you will get a lot of hits, and the workaround, so it doesn't kill the suite.

Edit: Look at this pinned post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=37162

You have to tell Norton WinDoctor to ignore that registry entry. I have done that and have not had a problem, since I found that Norton SystemWorks, was causing the problem with EMC 9.

Thank you very much. The fix you suggested worked!!

I appreciate your time, knowledge & patience.

Hopefully Roxio will come out with a patch or their own fix.

George A. / USA

When WinDoctor is done running, click on the Next button. Then, click on the Finish button, and you should get a screen with the errors. Right click on the Invalid ActiveX/COM entries, and select Problem Details. Then, scroll down to that registry entry listed in the thread, right click on it, and select ignore. You can then get rid of the rest of problems.

This procedure has to be done AFTER you have done the clean install of the software, otherwise that registry entry won't come up as a problem, because you have already killed it, and EMC 9 or 10 in the previous install.

Thank you very much. The fix you suggested worked!!

I appreciate your time, knowledge & patience.

Hopefully Roxio will come out with a patch or their own fix.

George A. / USA

When WinDoctor is done running, click on the Next button. Then, click on the Finish button, and you should get a screen with the errors. Right click on the Invalid ActiveX/COM entries, and select Problem Details. Then, scroll down to that registry entry listed in the thread, right click on it, and select ignore. You can then get rid of the rest of problems.

This procedure has to be done AFTER you have done the clean install of the software, otherwise that registry entry won't come up as a problem, because you have already killed it, and EMC 9 or 10 in the previous install.

You're welcome.

I read that previous post you referred me to but it doesn't tell me how to tell Norton WinDoctor how to ignore the registry entry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3E867EE6-00C0-40FA-95C0-C9CCB3BA7692

You said you have done the "Norton WinDoctor to ignore that registry entry" and you have had no problems since. Could you PLEASE tell me how to do this in detail?

I have WINXP,Norton System Works 2008..

Do you have to do this ignore each time you run WinDoctor or once you add to ignore it, it lasts indefinately?

Is the above registry entry EXACTLY how you need to input it in WinDoctor?

I would truly appreciate your help.

George A.

Yes, it does, but there is an easy fix. Type Norton Systemworks, in the search box, above right, and you will get a lot of hits, and the workaround, so it doesn't kill the suite.

You have to tell Norton WinDoctor to ignore that registry entry. I have done that and have not had a problem, since I found that Norton SystemWorks, was causing the problem with EMC 9.

I read that previous post you referred me to but it doesn't tell me how to tell Norton WinDoctor how to ignore the registry entry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3E867EE6-00C0-40FA-95C0-C9CCB3BA7692

You said you have done the "Norton WinDoctor to ignore that registry entry" and you have had no problems since. Could you PLEASE tell me how to do this in detail?

I have WINXP,Norton System Works 2008..

Do you have to do this ignore each time you run WinDoctor or once you add to ignore it, it lasts indefinately?

Is the above registry entry EXACTLY how you need to input it in WinDoctor?

I would truly appreciate your help.

George A.

Archived