• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Get Programs To Run From The Main Screen

cptjackson

Question

I just recently installed EMC 10 onto my laptop. I go to start > all programs > Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 > Easy Media Creator 10 Suite. Once at the main screen I will click on video > compile DVDs and Movies, and then nothing at all happens. I thought that maybe I was using too many resources so on the second day/attempt, I got the same results. I'm running a Toshiba Laptop (1.73 ghz, 1 GB RAM, Mobile Intel ® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family).

I also get a pop up box that says my video card driver may be out of date. Visit the manufacturer's website to download an update. Does this mean that there is a problem with my laptop? Just don't understand why the main screen opens but none of the features do. Thanks in advance for any help.

Derrick

3 answers to this question

I just recently installed EMC 10 onto my laptop. I go to start > all programs > Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 > Easy Media Creator 10 Suite. Once at the main screen I will click on video > compile DVDs and Movies, and then nothing at all happens. I thought that maybe I was using too many resources so on the second day/attempt, I got the same results. I'm running a Toshiba Laptop (1.73 ghz, 1 GB RAM, Mobile Intel ® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family).

I also get a pop up box that says my video card driver may be out of date. Visit the manufacturer's website to download an update. Does this mean that there is a problem with my laptop? Just don't understand why the main screen opens but none of the features do. Thanks in advance for any help.

Derrick

What is your screen resolution set to? You can try changing it to see if that helps.

My older laptop gives me that same message but works fine. If there is a driver update available for your laptop, I'd suggest you update it.

What is your screen resolution set to? You can try changing it to see if that helps.

My older laptop gives me that same message but works fine. If there is a driver update available for your laptop, I'd suggest you update it.

I actually have two screens. My regular laptop screen (1280 by 768) and another attached flat screen (1280 by 1024).

I actually have two screens. My regular laptop screen (1280 by 768) and another attached flat screen (1280 by 1024).

This is not usually recommended because the drivers on the Microsoft web site are usually older than the ones from Toshiba. Toshiba is terrible posting updates that's the main reason I went to a different laptop manufacturer. I suggest this because it worked for me with an older laptop.

Go to Microsoft's update download page and let the program look for updates. When it asks, select custom. There may be a driver update for that card. Look at the date and see if it is later than the one on your laptop now. If so, install it.

After installing, make sure you set rendering to software or the computer will hang. Change that by opening Video Wave nd going to the top menu, select tools, then options and then put a dot near software.

To find the date and driver ID, go to Windows Start, Run, type in dxdiag, then OK. When the window opens, go to the display tab. One the left you should see the graphics chip Id, on the right, you should see the driver ID and date.

Archived