• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd6.2 Project Import Error

lsutrey

Question

I recently purchased EMC10. I created several projects with MyDVD6.2 that I need to be able to import into the new version that comes with EMC10. However, every time I attempt to import a project, I get a very non-descript error message - "MyDVD Project Import Failed." Can anyone shed some light on what I'm doing incorrectly here? Many thanks!

8 answers to this question

Larry, you may be thinking of the previous Roxio DVD Builder 6 files. MyDVD 6.2 was a Sonic product and is not compatible with ANY version of Sonic/Roxio product.

Actually, no, I am talking about the Sonic MyDVD 6 and earlier. Below is the screenshot showing that you can "import" them. You can't "open" them because of the differences between the versions, which is why starting in EMC 9 they added that import function. I have done this in EMC 9, just haven't had a chance to try it out in EMC 10 yet.

The following is also the help file text explaining it.

post-71-1211165492.png

post-71-1211165510.png

I recently purchased EMC10. I created several projects with MyDVD6.2 that I need to be able to import into the new version that comes with EMC10. However, every time I attempt to import a project, I get a very non-descript error message - "MyDVD Project Import Failed." Can anyone shed some light on what I'm doing incorrectly here? Many thanks!

It's not going to happen. The MyDVD of today is nothing like the MyDVD pre-Sonic/Roxio merge days.

Your best bet is to finish your project in your current MyDVD.

It's not going to happen. The MyDVD of today is nothing like the MyDVD pre-Sonic/Roxio merge days.

Your best bet is to finish your project in your current MyDVD.

Interesting...pre sales said they were compatible...oh well, thanks for the info!

Actually, no, I am talking about the Sonic MyDVD 6 and earlier. Below is the screenshot showing that you can "import" them. You can't "open" them because of the differences between the versions, which is why starting in EMC 9 they added that import function. I have done this in EMC 9, just haven't had a chance to try it out in EMC 10 yet.

The following is also the help file text explaining it.

Hey Guys...thanks so much for replying to my post. The only reason I upgraded to MyDVD 10 was because for some reason, MyDVD6.2 does not properly utilize the fit to disk compression option...rather, it simply cuts off some of the video when it thinks it reaches its capacity. The interface was so clean and simple and easy to use with 6.2, and I can't even figure out how to skip ahead in small blocks of time in version 10 like I could in version 6. I posted a question to support and they said it's not compatible, so I asked them if it could be imported in an earlier version like 8 or 9, and then 10 could possibly open the 8 or 9 version. I don't mind redoing the menus...I just don't want to have to re-edit all the scenes again. Thanks a bunch for your help!

Interesting...pre sales said they were compatible...oh well, thanks for the info!

Perhaps they meant the programs (both on the computer at the same time). The files/projects are not compatible.

Well, you should be able to import the MyDVD 6 projects into MyDVD 10 under the proper conditions.

I haven't actually tried one with v10 (will if I get a chance over the next few days), so it's possible there is a problem in v10 that wasn't there in previous versions. I have done this in v9, so it should work in v10 also. They aren't that much different.

You would need to have all of your source files in the same exact place that they were when you made the project in v6. You may also have to have v6 still installed.

Why is it you want to import them in v10 instead of just finishing them in v6? Were you having problems in v6? If there was a problem with the projects in v6, that could be why you are getting errors when trying to import. Also keep in mind, even if you get it to work, the menus will be completely different, as it will use a v10 menu template, not the v6 one.

Archived