• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Module D3d9.dll Error At Offset 000a59b2

madachi

Question

Hi Group,

I have been trying to create a Slideshow using the slideshow assistant and Videowave programs. The show will have numerous photos in JPG format and audio. Most things appear to be working OK (the Slideshow assistant is not very helpful though :D:huh: ), and I tried to use Videowave. The show appeared OK in Videowave when I viewed it. The problem occurs when I try to burn the show to DVD. I have a home built machine with a Inten Pentium 2.5GHz processor, ASUS motherboard, 1 GB of RAMBUS memory, LG DVD burner; running Win XP professional, fully patched.

When I get to MYDVD, I click on the buttons to burn the disc, and the preview window starts to show the pictures that I've selected, along with the transitions. After a bit of time, I get a M/S window saying that Videowave has encountered a problem and needs to close. Here is some of the detail information shown:

AppName: videowave8.exe AppVer: 8.5.0.0 ModName: d3d9.dll

ModVer: 5.3.2500.2180 Offset: 000a59b2

Also, for the past couple of days, I've been trying to submit a trouble ticket online via the Web Selfserve portal. I haven't been successful as it doesn't accept my email and passoword. I've called Roxio and confirmed my registration (email address) and they have even changed my password a couple of times, but no success. They then suggested to call the PAY for use 1-866-279-7694 number. I did call them for 2 days, but remained on hold forever (I was on hold for over 2 hours yesterday, and almost an hour today) without ever getting to talk with anyone!

Hopefully, someone will be able to help me here :D:)

4 answers to this question

Just because you are running XP Pro with SP2 does not mean you have the latest version of DirectX. The latest version of DirectX came out near the beginning of Feb 2006

Thanks again for the advise. I did check the version of directx that I have installed and it reports 9.0c (4.09.000.0904) which I believe is the Feb. 2006 release. I'm guessing that Microsoft update upgraded this component when it was available.

Thanks once again!!

Hi Group,

I have been trying to create a Slideshow using the slideshow assistant and Videowave programs. The show will have numerous photos in JPG format and audio. Most things appear to be working OK (the Slideshow assistant is not very helpful though :D:huh: ), and I tried to use Videowave. The show appeared OK in Videowave when I viewed it. The problem occurs when I try to burn the show to DVD. I have a home built machine with a Inten Pentium 2.5GHz processor, ASUS motherboard, 1 GB of RAMBUS memory, LG DVD burner; running Win XP professional, fully patched.

When I get to MYDVD, I click on the buttons to burn the disc, and the preview window starts to show the pictures that I've selected, along with the transitions. After a bit of time, I get a M/S window saying that Videowave has encountered a problem and needs to close. Here is some of the detail information shown:

AppName: videowave8.exe AppVer: 8.5.0.0 ModName: d3d9.dll

ModVer: 5.3.2500.2180 Offset: 000a59b2

Also, for the past couple of days, I've been trying to submit a trouble ticket online via the Web Selfserve portal. I haven't been successful as it doesn't accept my email and passoword. I've called Roxio and confirmed my registration (email address) and they have even changed my password a couple of times, but no success. They then suggested to call the PAY for use 1-866-279-7694 number. I did call them for 2 days, but remained on hold forever (I was on hold for over 2 hours yesterday, and almost an hour today) without ever getting to talk with anyone!

Hopefully, someone will be able to help me here :D:)

What video card do you have? Do you have DirectX 9c installed? The error message you receive mentions d3d9.dll which is a module in the DirectX 9 package and is propably related to 3D functions. Perhaps you need a video card able to handle these functions or an update to DirectX 9c

What video card do you have? Do you have DirectX 9c installed? The error message you receive mentions d3d9.dll which is a module in the DirectX 9 package and is propably related to 3D functions. Perhaps you need a video card able to handle these functions or an update to DirectX 9c

Thank you very much for the information. I have a NVidia TI 4900 video card. Per your advise, I upgraded the drivers, and after a couple of hours it looks like I have cut a DVD (I still have to check it out... :) ). As I am running XP Prof with SP 2, I didn't have to upgrade DirectX as I'm already running the latest version.

Thanks once again!

Thank you very much for the information. I have a NVidia TI 4900 video card. Per your advise, I upgraded the drivers, and after a couple of hours it looks like I have cut a DVD (I still have to check it out... :) ). As I am running XP Prof with SP 2, I didn't have to upgrade DirectX as I'm already running the latest version.

Thanks once again!

Just because you are running XP Pro with SP2 does not mean you have the latest version of DirectX. The latest version of DirectX came out near the beginning of Feb 2006

Archived