• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd 10 Premier Is Unable To Load .avi Files.

Viper

Question

My problem is this:

When I try to add an AVI file type (a movie) the program ends up in errors. Also, when I'm searching through the different directories on my PC for these AVI files, the icon shows red circle with a diagonal line through it.

However, I am able to load other file types including 3GP's.

Things I've done thus far:

I've done my homework and searched throughout the other sections to see if there was a common solution and at first I thought I was on to something in the EMC 9 area shown here - http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=8841 but the DivX file listed there (divxdec.ax) doesn't exist, or at least, isn't installed by this newer version of MyDVD. It's installed by the program divx, but not version 10 of MyDVD.

I've also tried the other codec software out there to include ac3filter, klcodec, and ffdshow, but lastly, they didn't work either.

Another thing I've done so far is i've loaded up the GSpot program to see if the codec needed for AVI files exists on my PC and it shows that it does. Reading it right off my screen it shows that the AVI file needs the MJPG codec. And the MJPG codecs I have installed are AVI Draw and MJPG Decompressor.

Any ideas?

-EDIT-

Also, I'm downloading an *extra* AVI codec pack as I speak to see if that makes a difference.

2 answers to this question

My problem is this:

When I try to add an AVI file type (a movie) the program ends up in errors. Also, when I'm searching through the different directories on my PC for these AVI files, the icon shows red circle with a diagonal line through it.

However, I am able to load other file types including 3GP's.

Things I've done thus far:

I've done my homework and searched throughout the other sections to see if there was a common solution and at first I thought I was on to something in the EMC 9 area shown here - http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=8841 but the DivX file listed there (divxdec.ax) doesn't exist, or at least, isn't installed by this newer version of MyDVD. It's installed by the program divx, but not version 10 of MyDVD.

I've also tried the other codec software out there to include ac3filter, klcodec, and ffdshow, but lastly, they didn't work either.

Another thing I've done so far is i've loaded up the GSpot program to see if the codec needed for AVI files exists on my PC and it shows that it does. Reading it right off my screen it shows that the AVI file needs the MJPG codec. And the MJPG codecs I have installed are AVI Draw and MJPG Decompressor.

Any ideas?

This program does not handle mjpg files. Never has. use the software that came with the camera to convert them to mpg files.

Here are some others.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the assistance in this matter as I was really racking my brain attempting to solve the dilema. I did download a converter and the mpeg's are working perfectly. Thanks again for your help!

If anyone is curious, though, I downloaded a converter from this place (http://www.xilisoft.com/avi-mpeg-converter.html). The trial version was more than adequate for what my needs were and was able to convert whole movies without any problems.

Archived