• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Burn Video_ts To Watch On Tv Dvd Player

crunchnovice

Question

Hi, I bought Crunch only to realize that I'm an idiot and didn't pay attention to the part where it says you can play converted files only on your computer (unless you hook you computer up to the tv, which I don't want to do).

So, I have tons of DVDs that are Video_TS folders with .BUP, .IFO, .VOB files and there are no Audio_TS files on the list, but the dvds do have audio. I am wanting to burn the dvds into a format that will allow me to play them on a regular dvd player that's connected to the tv- can I use Toast to do this? if so, which version? Oh, I have a Mac OS X 10.4.11 2 GB. I have iDVD, itunes, Quicktime Player, MPEG streamclip- don't know if any of this matters.

Thanks in advance for help.

7 answers to this question

I'm a little confused by your post because you say you have tons of DVDs and want to burn DVDs to play on a regular DVD player. It sounds to me like you don't need to do anything as you already have them in that format.

But if you want to copy an unencrypted DVD or burn a VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive to a new DVD then both Popcorn and Toast can do this nicely and more.

I want copies for my family members. Thanks

Sorry if this seems real dense.....

So Toast will make unencrypted copies just fine....

Crunch will allow conversion to other formats.....

Where does Popcorn fit in?

What tasks would lead you to choose one tool over the other when comparing Toast, Crunch, and popcorn? Are any of these tools comprehensive, or do they each only partially duplicate each other?

Thanks,

Pete

I'm a little confused by your post because you say you have tons of DVDs and want to burn DVDs to play on a regular DVD player. It sounds to me like you don't need to do anything as you already have them in that format.

But if you want to copy an unencrypted DVD or burn a VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive to a new DVD then both Popcorn and Toast can do this nicely and more.

Sorry if this seems real dense.....

So Toast will make unencrypted copies just fine....

Crunch will allow conversion to other formats.....

Where does Popcorn fit in?

What tasks would lead you to choose one tool over the other when comparing Toast, Crunch, and popcorn? Are any of these tools comprehensive, or do they each only partially duplicate each other?

Thanks,

Pete

Toast is like a Swiss Army Knife with 50 blades. Popcorn is like one with 15 blades. Crunch is like one with 3 blades. If you have Toast 9 there is no reason to have either Popcorn or Crunch. If you have Popcorn there is no reason to have Crunch.

Toast is like a Swiss Army Knife with 50 blades. Popcorn is like one with 15 blades. Crunch is like one with 3 blades. If you have Toast 9 there is no reason to have either Popcorn or Crunch. If you have Popcorn there is no reason to have Crunch.

Thanks!!!!

I guess I should have been able to figure that out by looking at the materials here but I just had to clear this up once and for all in my mind..................................

Thanks again,

Pete D.

Archived