• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem Starting Emc8

davidrsykes

Question

I posted an article on 8th March about problems I was having starting emc8 but got no reply. The problem has since got worse, so much so that I gave up trying to start it. In desperation I right clicked the Roxio icon and went into Properties. Under the Compatability tab I changed the mode to Windows 98/Windows ME (I am running Windows XP Home Edition). For some reason the program now starts up, not every time but most times especially if I free up some ram. Can anyone explain why?

1 answer to this question

I posted an article on 8th March about problems I was having starting emc8 but got no reply. The problem has since got worse, so much so that I gave up trying to start it. In desperation I right clicked the Roxio icon and went into Properties. Under the Compatability tab I changed the mode to Windows 98/Windows ME (I am running Windows XP Home Edition). For some reason the program now starts up, not every time but most times especially if I free up some ram. Can anyone explain why?

You may have some problems with your computer. First, run a virus check. Next, get rid of spyware/malware with free versions of programs like Ad-Aware and Spybot. I use Spysweeper, but it is not free.

Next, defrag your computer. Also, list your system specs, here. Similar to how I have them listed in my signature.

Archived