• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

End Of Project Cut Off In Mydvd

delta-alpha

Question

I'm making new DVDs of broadcasts that were recorded on DVDs in two or three episodes, the idea being to cut out the credits etc. between each episode. I have (eventually) done 11 by the following method:

1) Convert the episodes from the DVDs to MPEGs using the Copy and Convert Utility

2) Import the two or three MPEGs so obtained into VideoWave

3) Cut out the unwanted bits and add transitions etc.

4) Output the finished project as a DVD-compatible MPEG-2, normal quality

5) Import this MPEG into MyDVD and burn the DVD

This has worked successfully until now and the problem I have is that, although the MPEG produced in step 4 plays perfectly in WMP, the last few seconds are missing from the DVD. I have checked the file in the MyDVD Edit Movie window and, sure enough, the end is missing in there. They are all large projects and this one is 2 hours 29 mins 50 secs long (but not the longest) and the MPEG produced in step 4 is 8.13GB.

Anyone any ideas as to where the last few seconds are going?

4 answers to this question

Started the troublesome project again, right from the beginning, and it's fine. Must have been some problem with the MPEGs at some stage, I suppose. Should have done that before I posted...

That's the self healing function in this software (and sometimes Windows also (reboot)). Many times it works the second time ! :blink::lol:

There are many posts about this. I do thank you for coming back and letting use know.

I'm making new DVDs of broadcasts that were recorded on DVDs in two or three episodes, the idea being to cut out the credits etc. between each episode. I have (eventually) done 11 by the following method:

1) Convert the episodes from the DVDs to MPEGs using the Copy and Convert Utility

2) Import the two or three MPEGs so obtained into VideoWave

3) Cut out the unwanted bits and add transitions etc.

4) Output the finished project as a DVD-compatible MPEG-2, normal quality

5) Import this MPEG into MyDVD and burn the DVD

This has worked successfully until now and the problem I have is that, although the MPEG produced in step 4 plays perfectly in WMP, the last few seconds are missing from the DVD. I have checked the file in the MyDVD Edit Movie window and, sure enough, the end is missing in there. They are all large projects and this one is 2 hours 29 mins 50 secs long (but not the longest) and the MPEG produced in step 4 is 8.13GB.

Anyone any ideas as to where the last few seconds are going?

If I read you correctly, you are trying to put more than 2 1/2 hours on a standard DVD. It probably won't fit even at the lowest quality. Are you burning to single or double layer disc. Are you using a DivX codec?

The project will fit on to a single layer DVD with a video bitrate of 4Mb/s (which is about the same as the broadcast bitrate) and an audio bitrate of 128kb/s. An earlier project was 2 hours 44 mins and that's just fine. I tried to make it clear that the end was missing in MyDVD as soon as it was imported and before the DVD came into the equation. I have no idea which codecs are being used.

Archived