• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd -rw Problem

tobarefeet

Question

I'm new to Toast. I burned a video on dvd -rw. I used a file that was an avi, i dropped it into Toast and followed instructions. On my Powerbook it took about 6 hrs for the file to encode, then burned in 10 minutes the movie looked great playing it on powerbook dvd player. When i pooped it into my Bose 321, the dvd played, sound was fine. But --- the movie played on the upper 2/3 of my HDTV, the lower 1/3 was a multicolored flickering field of lines and dots, the two were separated by a one inch black bar. It was almost like letterbox format moved to the top with data packets filling the rest of screen.

I called Bose, they explained that while they dont support burned DVD's, many burned dvd's can play fine and this sounded like a burning issue, that Bose reads all data when playing dvd and they thought it was data along the bottom from burning.

I also played it on my cheapo dvd player and got an error message.

Thoughts?

2 answers to this question

Some DVD players - especially higher-quality ones - don't work with rewritable DVD media. I suggest making a copy of the DVD using Toast's Copy window to a DVD-R and see if that plays properly.

Some DVD players - especially higher-quality ones - don't work with rewritable DVD media. I suggest making a copy of the DVD using Toast's Copy window to a DVD-R and see if that plays properly.

After my first 2 attempts produced the same result, i tried again and this time it worked just fine on the Bose using the same dvd -rw.

Thank you for the response.

Archived