• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Page Files - What I Learned

ICC

Question

All,

I posted how to print directly to discs using your HP printer. Recently I received an e-mail requesting which items ment what in my page files. I thought it was a good question and am posting it here for all. Perhaps you can use it if you have a different model or make of printer.

A typical Page file (or one I used when supplying my solution) Red are my comments

[Page Description] Height of paper used. 5.125 is for disc

/* Printer prefrences = (that line only)*/ I don't know but it's in all the files

Name= stringRef:HP-D5160 Not Printing Hub Anything after : Identifies label/paper type in drop box

Paper Height = 5.125 Height of paper used. 5.125 is for disc

Paper Width = 5.125 Width of paper used. 5.125 is for disc

Number of Views = 1 Number of labels (views) on paper

; 1 for print directly to disc Not sure. Can only guess

Print Type = 1 Not sure. Can only guess

[View Info 1] Settings for view/label number x (1 for print to disc)

View Type = Disc Not sure can only guess

[Disc Info 1] Identifer for settings

Offset = 6.323 6.425 Vertical and Horizontal printing offsets

Inner Radius = 2.05 Radius of disc hub (inner circle not printed on)

Outer Radius = 5.8 Radius of disc/label itself (printed area)

For the vertical/horizontal adjustments based on HP D5100 series printers and standing in front of the printer looking at it):

For Vertical: making the number smaller moves the printing down (or toward the front of the printer)

and making the number larger moves the printing up (or towards the back of the printer)

For Horizontal: making the number smaller moves the printing to the left (or towards the buttons on the printer) and making the number larger moves the printing to the right (or away from the buttons on the printer)

To avoid the waste of printable CD/DVD's when adjusting your settings, use labels applied to the clear protective disc found in every spindal pack purchsed. You can also appliy the labels on top of a printable disc minimizing the waste. Another option is to use solid colors in different shages (like yellow, green, red). Starting with the lightest color, you can print on the same label 3-4 times and see the changes to the print position.

I hope this helps anyone that might need it. As you can tell I don't really have a lot of knowledge in page files but was willing to experiment. Just be carefull and make backup copies of files before you change them in case you need to restore it.

ICC

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived