• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Rxburn.exe Application Error

jeanpaul

Question

Had been using "EASY CD & DVD Burning" software, from large red box, purchased at CompUSA, Easy Burn V6 2.1.130, installed on a Dell 4600 desktop running XP home. Every was fine until I acquired a later version of the program in a smaller red box, same title. I installed this software and was horrified to find that the 200 plus music files that I had recorded with the original roxio program could not be played with the new one. I felt that there would be no problem and un-installed it and re-installed the original software back in. It was all downhill from there. I have gone thru all the updates and solutions from this site and finally got the CD-RW reconized but now have this problem. When I go to burn files to a CD-R disc, like always before, everything goes fine until I press the "OK" to start the burn, then after a slight delay there is a message [RxBurn.exe application error, instruction at "0x0117242a" referenced memory at "0x03ee00dc"]. The memory could not be "wtitten". hitting OK then had same message except [---memory at 0x045900dc"], twice more with different numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have asked Roxio Support, but have not recieved any solutions yet.

Paul

6 answers to this question

There were only 2 'Red Box' versions ever made. The first was based on V6.

The second, probably the small box, was based on V9. Actually there were 2 versions of that one too! The last version has "Vista Compatible" printed in the upper right corner of the box.

If you open Creator Classic and click on Help – About, it will tell you the version number which should be 905B54T, RO1.

Neither version can do anything that would effect your music files.

Likewise, losing you Burners is a common Windows problem ever since XP…

Given the problems you have been having I would recommend you follow the Clean Install procedures – Here

The .rxs extension is the info on editing the file, rather than a music file.

http://filext.com/file-extension/RXS

Looks to me like you saved the info on how to change the file, rather than doing a "save as" to save the file as a music file (.wav, .mp3, etc).

If that is the case, unless you can find the file that was edited, you may be doing it all over again.

Lynn

Not going to happen!

The rsx extension is from Audio Central which was replaced with Sound Editor somewhere between V6 & V9…

Roxio is horrible about backward compatibility so there is no way those Project files are ever going to work.

Thanks for the bad news. Is it possible to load the older Audio Central and us it in conjunction with Sound Editor? This is probably wishful thinking and would not want to screw everything up. Looks like some long hours re-doing the music files.

Thanks for the bad news. Is it possible to load the older Audio Central and us it in conjunction with Sound Editor? This is probably wishful thinking and would not want to screw everything up. Looks like some long hours re-doing the music files.

Yes you can however you are locking yourself into an old version which the next Service Pack or Update from MS could render useless! One never knows what evil lurks in the kingdom of MS…

I am not much of an Audio guy so I do not really understand why there is this compelling need to revisit old mixes?

In Video I would either simply copy the disc I had burned or make an image file (ISO) and make copies from that. At that point I even delete the original source files used to make the production.

There were only 2 'Red Box' versions ever made. The first was based on V6.

The second, probably the small box, was based on V9. Actually there were 2 versions of that one too! The last version has "Vista Compatible" printed in the upper right corner of the box.

If you open Creator Classic and click on Help – About, it will tell you the version number which should be 905B54T, RO1.

Neither version can do anything that would effect your music files.

Likewise, losing you Burners is a common Windows problem ever since XP…

Given the problems you have been having I would recommend you follow the Clean Install procedures – Here

Thanks, I went with the Clean Install you suggested, and decided to load the later version of "Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning", which is the Vista Compatible version. The info on this product is "Roxio Easy CD & Burning 9 (build 905B54T ENU) Technical Support ID: 724093362234" After un-installing the older copy(6), using the "msicuu2.exe" program, and installing the version 9, everything went well until I tried to burn some of my previously digitized Audio Tapes to CD-R. It seems that this program does not recognize these files, and get the message that it is because of the file extension ".rxs". I have been sucessful in copying Discs, and importing new audio files, but cannot make CDs from existing Roxio files. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Archived