• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems With Disk Emulator

stefanogalla

Question

It's extremely unlikely that this is a BIOS setting. The drive detection there works on physical hardware and, as the emulated drive isn't loaded in until after the OS starts, the BIOS won't have any bearing on it.

Check that you don't have any drive letters unallocated (it should show in Control Panel, Administrativbe Tools, Disk Management)

Or - download the MS PowerToys - TweakUI normally lets you allow or deny any subsequent drive letter allocation

Those are the XP ones (they didn't make any for Vista but there is a basic TweakVI available here)

Really thanks for your answer, but I have not any unallocated letter and I really don't know the reason of this error. Roxio was the FIRST software installed after the OS so cannot be a conflict with other software.

I think could be an hardware error because I had it when changed the MB.

3 answers to this question

I purchased a Compaq PC with Vista Home Premimum. It has a 200GB SATA drive (drive 3) with a SATA HP DVD Lightscribe drive (drive 4). The IDE port is enabled on the machince but is not connected.

I initially loaded emc9 suite without uninstalling the basic version on the machine. I cleaned off emc9 and the basic. I resintalled it corrected the drag-to-disc error I was getting.

Disc installer would not create an emulated disc. It will only give my DVD a new drive letter.

I then downloaded the update from Roxio. It still didn't correct the issue.

In review of the line items in the previously mentioned Microsoft Monitor I can see a "Device IO Control" disabled message in regards to "ioctl_scsi_pass_through". Aside from that I don't see any other errors that may be causing the "timeout" error previously recorded.

Just some feedback on my experience so far.

Alan

Archived