• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

SMLZ

9.0.2 Update Is Empty?

Question

I'm able to download and unstuff the update, but when it opens there's just a copy of the Toast 9 dmg with nothing new in it, and when I restart toast it keeps telling me I need to update. I just installed Toast 9 for the first time, so I may be missing something simple. Any help is appreciated.

7 answers to this question

The 9.0.2 update is the same as the original download except that the contents inside the mounted .dmg are newer versions. You replace the existing Toast folder with the new one from the mounted disc image. There is no updater application that modifies the previous version. You simply replace it all.

The 9.0.2 update is the same as the original download except that the contents inside the mounted .dmg are newer versions. You replace the existing Toast folder with the new one from the mounted disc image. There is no updater application that modifies the previous version. You simply replace it all.

well then it all makes sense. Thanks!

...well, no that didn't work after all.

All the files copied but when I start the program it still tells me I need an update...

...well, no that didn't work after all.

All the files copied but when I start the program it still tells me I need an update...

That's odd. When you click on the Toast application in the Finder and choose Get Info from the File menu, is the version described as 9.0.2? When you opened Toast for the first time from the copied folder did you have to go through the Toast Setup Assistant before the Application opened?

That's odd. When you click on the Toast application in the Finder and choose Get Info from the File menu, is the version described as 9.0.2? When you opened Toast for the first time from the copied folder did you have to go through the Toast Setup Assistant before the Application opened?

Nope, it's still version 9.0(240). I don't know if the (240) means anything or not. All it's doing is sticking the dmg inside the Applications folder or inside the toast folder (I tried both) The first time I did this everything copied, but now it's not... assumably because it already has. Do I need to restart my mac or something?

1) Mount the DMG file using the disc utility that comes with OS X.

2) Drag the Toast folder from the mounted volume to the applications folder

Note: If you drag it to the same place as the existing folder, it should ask you if you want to replace the current one.

3) If you get an error that you don't have sufficient permission to complete the operation, drag the new folder to the desktop, rename it something like Toast 9.0.2 and then try again.

4) If you launch Toast from the Dock, remove the Toast icon from the dock and then add the new version back to the dock.

That should clear up any confusion regarding the download and how to make it work.

1) Mount the DMG file using the disc utility that comes with OS X.

2) Drag the Toast folder from the mounted volume to the applications folder

Note: If you drag it to the same place as the existing folder, it should ask you if you want to replace the current one.

3) If you get an error that you don't have sufficient permission to complete the operation, drag the new folder to the desktop, rename it something like Toast 9.0.2 and then try again.

4) If you launch Toast from the Dock, remove the Toast icon from the dock and then add the new version back to the dock.

That should clear up any confusion regarding the download and how to make it work.

Ok it worked this time... however this is all exactly what I did before. Upsetting... I downloaded the update twice before and again this time, so I can't say it was a bad download the first time. I have no idea...

Thanks for the help guys!!