Combining Multiple Productions Into A Single Movie

SharonT

Question

I could really use some help..

I have created 6 Productions in Videowave and now want to combine these into one continue movie in MyDVD. Is this possible? If so, could you please give me step by step directions. If it is not possible, do you have another solution.

My 6 productions total about 40 minutes. I am in charge of the class dvd and it is due tuesday.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sharon

11 answers to this question

1) Open MyDVD

2) Select Add New Movie

3) Select all the 6 Videowave productions (the dmsm files)

4) Whne prompted, choose insert all as one movie

After you have done your authoring of the menu, select burn to either an ISO image or to a video-folder set. Then use Video Copy & Convert to burn the image/video folder set to the DVD.

1) Open MyDVD

2) Select Add New Movie

3) Select all the 6 Videowave productions (the dmsm files)

4) Whne prompted, choose insert all as one movie

After you have done your authoring of the menu, select burn to either an ISO image or to a video-folder set. Then use Video Copy & Convert to burn the image/video folder set to the DVD.

Jess,

when you add 6 dmsm projects, don't you create 6 Titles on the menu page and not one continuous movie?

Jess,

when you add 6 dmsm projects, don't you create 6 Titles on the menu page and not one continuous movie?

Actually, you can do it either way. When you select more than one video or Videowave project file, it prompts you with what you want to do. The default is each as a title, but that can be changed.

post-71-1211210370.png

Walt,

Choosing the first button in Larry's screen shot is what I suggested in item 4 of my earlier response. :) That should play each movie one after another. Unless the OP wants to combine the 6 Videowave productions into a single Videowave production.

Actually, you can do it either way. When you select more than one video or Videowave project file, it prompts you with what you want to do. The default is each as a title, but that can be changed.

I must be doing something wrong :unsure:

If I try to add more then one dmsm file at one time, that window does not pop up and a title is created for each dmsm file. I only get the option when all clips are actual video files

You could be right, Walt. I couldn't find two dmsm files late last night when I tried it but ended up using two mpg files instead. And I got that popup window. I'll check it again later.

SharonT: if you don't need any transition from one movie to another, you can output each Videowave production as an mpg video file (Output As ...). Then do the steps I outlined in my first response, selecting all those six mpg files.

Guest RCD74

Actually, if I have a large project I am creating with 200+ slides and videos using Videowave, I prefer to break the project into smaller sections since it easier to work with and edit. Then, when I am finished with these "smaller sections" I will do a 'select all' in each of these videowave productions, right click to copy, and then paste it in what will eventually be my larger production.

So, my suggestion would be to take each of the six VW projects, do a copy and paste into a larger Videowave production in the exact order she wants it in and she will then have her ONE VW project she can bring into MyDvd. Hope that helps!! It really doesn't take that much time to do. However, I do this ONLY when I do not have music attached to my smaller productions and any work that has been done is in the internal track of each slide b/c I am not sure everything would transfer if it wasn't.

Rachel

Actually, if I have a large project I am creating with 200+ slides and videos using Videowave, I prefer to break the project into smaller sections since it easier to work with and edit. Then, when I am finished with these "smaller sections" I will do a 'select all' in each of these videowave productions, right click to copy, and then paste it in what will eventually be my larger production.

So, my suggestion would be to take each of the six VW projects, do a copy and paste into a larger Videowave production in the exact order she wants it in and she will then have her ONE VW project she can bring into MyDvd. Hope that helps!! It really doesn't take that much time to do. However, I do this ONLY when I do not have music attached to my smaller productions and any work that has been done is in the internal track of each slide b/c I am not sure everything would transfer if it wasn't.

Rachel

Only work done on the internal tracks gets copied so you would lose anything on the main tracks except the video.

I also work in small projects but I prefer to complete this segment and output to mpg and then add those mpg's in myDVD. If I ever need to modify this samll segment it is a lot easier to incorporate the changes then with a large VW project assembled from small projects.

Archived