• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Crashing

OzSanta

Question

G'day

I'm trying to burn an mp3 music DVD, but Toast keeps crashing part way through.

No consistency on when it does it, just a sudden and total crash! :angry2:

I can't find out how to send an email to Support, so am posting here. Anyone got a solution or suggestion?

Toast 9.0.2, 24" intel iMac, 10.5.2

Regards

Santa

2 answers to this question

Do you have ample amounts of RAM and hard drive space? If you are low on hard drive space where the Roxio Converted Items folder is located then the problem is that Toast had no place to put any more converted files.

I've had earlier versions of Toast crash when making music DVDs from MP3 files but it always has happened at the same point. The problem was a corrupted MP3 track. Converting the MP3 to AIFF in iTunes and using the AIFF version instead usually fixed the issue. I could tell which track was the problem by looking in the Roxio Converted Items folder. The track after the last one written (converted) was the culprit. Unfortunately I had several of these corrupted MP3s at one time so it took awhile to find and clean up all of them.

Thanks tsantee

4GB ram and 300Gb disk space.

I took your advice however , and converted all the tracks to AIFF and no problems.

Bit of a nuisance, especially since all the mp3's play OK, but at least it works. :rolleyes:

Thank you!!

Regards

Santa

Archived