• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

G.u.i. De-enable? Can't View Items On Disc While Burning!

mu-tron-kid

Question

Hi,

I jumped right from Toast 7 to Toast 9.

Right away I am ultra annoyed by NOT being able to close or even re-size the Format / Media pane on the left!

This looks a whole lot better, but eats up precious screen real estate for multi-tasking (one of the joys of Toast!)

Also, it was common task for our engineers to begin "burning" a CD and then using the "Audio Tracks / Sound Files" main pane to visually reference the names of the items for Labeling purposes.

With 9, the entire window shrinks up into the "burn process and speed" window.

It would be great to have the option to loose the fancy icons, animations (yes, i turned off the pref for the "enhanced" animations), and have re-scaleable panes like almost every other Mac OS software.

I AM happy about no longer needing JAM to do fades, normalize, track info, etc...

But honestly am using the old toast for the above mentioned "workflow" items.

Am I missing something (was this not the case in Toast 8???), and/or is a graphic update coming soon?

Thanks,

Brian

2 answers to this question

Toast 8 also displayed a burn progress window although it's appearance is different from Toast 9's window. The only thing I can think of to accomplish what you want is saving the Toast project and opening the resulting .disc window in a duplicated copy of Toast while the first copy of Toast is burning the disc.

Hi,

I jumped right from Toast 7 to Toast 9.

Right away I am ultra annoyed by NOT being able to close or even re-size the Format / Media pane on the left!

This looks a whole lot better, but eats up precious screen real estate for multi-tasking (one of the joys of Toast!)

Also, it was common task for our engineers to begin "burning" a CD and then using the "Audio Tracks / Sound Files" main pane to visually reference the names of the items for Labeling purposes.

With 9, the entire window shrinks up into the "burn process and speed" window.

It would be great to have the option to loose the fancy icons, animations (yes, i turned off the pref for the "enhanced" animations), and have re-scaleable panes like almost every other Mac OS software.

I AM happy about no longer needing JAM to do fades, normalize, track info, etc...

But honestly am using the old toast for the above mentioned "workflow" items.

Am I missing something (was this not the case in Toast 8???), and/or is a graphic update coming soon?

Thanks,

Brian

I appreciate the feedback and we'll keep this in mind as we move forward.

Thanks

Archived