• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Output

BillyWPB

Question

I am having problems with the final edited output from EMC 10. The first and last @5 seconds of each CLIP are very degraded - gray and pixilated. I use no effects or transitions. The preview is perfect every time. The FINAL Output is not. I have tried all the manual editing programs and use DVD without menus, Output DVD HI quality. The sourse file is ms-dvr and video captured from a JVC DV camcorder. I always use the best quality settings available.

I have read in other posts that the problem is recompressing an already compressed (jpeg-2) video file. The DVR file is 'automatically' converted to jpeg2 before it can be edited. Captured video is captured as jpeg2 8mbps.

I am using an HP Media Center PC

Pentium D Dual Core 2.8 Ghz

Nvidea Gforce 6200SE

Conextant Falcon Video capture

I did not have this problem with the Sonic MYDVD that came with the computer, but only a system recovery will bring that back.

If the problem is recompressing an already compressed file, how can it be worked around since it has to be a jpeg file to be edited.

3 answers to this question

Thank you, Larry. I updated the Gforce driver and all seems to be working as it is supposed to. I created a dvd with a whole bunch of splits and deletions and there are none of the degradation issues that were there before. Again, Thank You.

Thank you, Larry. I updated the Gforce driver and all seems to be working as it is supposed to. I created a dvd with a whole bunch of splits and deletions and there are none of the degradation issues that were there before. Again, Thank You.

Thanks for posting this update. Many people don't follow up so we are sometimes unsure if a particular suggestion worked or not

Sounds like these are multiple "clips" that are already compliant, so it is encoding where they come together. The "degraded" quality when that happens seems to happen to a number of users with Nvidia cards. Try updating the drivers for your Nvidia card. If that doesn't help, then change the rendering option to "Software". You do that in MyDVD under Tools -> Options

Archived