• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Rotate Video

brewspecial

Question

9 answers to this question

Hello Houston

Unfortunately, can't open your link, but below is what I meant

Diamond geezer. London slang. Cockney accent usually, I suppose - 'diamond geezer!' 'Geezer!' It's dialect pronunciation in London for a 'guiser' - that's G-U-I-S-E-R - in other words, somebody who puts on a guise, a kind of mummer, if you like, a kind of travelling player. So that's where the word comes from.

But the modern usage in London and further afield - a geezer is, well, it means 'he's one of us'. An older person tends to be a geezer. You wouldn't usually call a child or a young man a geezer. It tends to be an older person. A geezer is your mate. It's somebody reliable, solid, a trustworthy person. And 'diamond' in front of it is, well, diamonds of course are wonderful things, they're special things, they're valuable things, so a diamond something, is a very special something. So, a diamond geezer is a reliable person who's really a very special person. So you add all that up, and you get an equivalent in 'he's a good sort', 'he's an OK chap', 'he's a great bloke', 'he's a good feller', 'he's a hero' - these are the glosses for diamond geezer.

But because it appeared in a 2005 film staring David Jason, 'Diamond Geezer', there is a touch of the eccentric and the maverick about it. Here, we're talking about a thief who's charming and cheeky and everybody loves him really, he's got a heart of gold, he's a good sort, he's not really a bad guy - he's a diamond geezer.

Not that I am implyimg you are old or a thief !!

Yes I tried that but (as far as I can remember) it couldn't then be edited

Edit the video sideways, output it as a mpg2 file best for DVD and then rotate it. If that is too hard to do, rotate it, output to the file as AVI and then edit the rotated video.

More than one way to skin the cat.(Old saying)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is not an accusation just a comment for others who might read this. There have been some recent posts similar to yours were the OP comes back under a different name and spams the forum singing the praises of a different program. Suggesting a different program is acceptable where the Roxio product does not have the functionality to do the job. In this case, the Roxio program clearly can do what you want.

Hello Houston

Unfortunately, can't open your link, but below is what I meant

Diamond geezer. London slang. Cockney accent usually, I suppose - 'diamond geezer!' 'Geezer!' It's dialect pronunciation in London for a 'guiser' - that's G-U-I-S-E-R - in other words, somebody who puts on a guise, a kind of mummer, if you like, a kind of travelling player. So that's where the word comes from.

But the modern usage in London and further afield - a geezer is, well, it means 'he's one of us'. An older person tends to be a geezer. You wouldn't usually call a child or a young man a geezer. It tends to be an older person. A geezer is your mate. It's somebody reliable, solid, a trustworthy person. And 'diamond' in front of it is, well, diamonds of course are wonderful things, they're special things, they're valuable things, so a diamond something, is a very special something. So, a diamond geezer is a reliable person who's really a very special person. So you add all that up, and you get an equivalent in 'he's a good sort', 'he's an OK chap', 'he's a great bloke', 'he's a good feller', 'he's a hero' - these are the glosses for diamond geezer.

But because it appeared in a 2005 film staring David Jason, 'Diamond Geezer', there is a touch of the eccentric and the maverick about it. Here, we're talking about a thief who's charming and cheeky and everybody loves him really, he's got a heart of gold, he's a good sort, he's not really a bad guy - he's a diamond geezer.

Not that I am implyimg you are old or a thief !!

1) That's me

2) Apparently two of us can open the link; hence the comment about something blocking it.

What brew do you prefer -- oops I should not have asked that -- this thread will be drifted to a thread about beer. Many of the gurus have their favorites ! :P

The connection has timed out

The server at itre.cis.upenn.edu is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).

Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.

Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.

Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

cd

Archived