Dazzle Dvc90 (included With Emc 8 Deluxe)

js541

Question

I have a home user that I support who just purchased EMC 8 Deluxe. I plugged in the Audio/Video composite cables to the Dazzle device (the documentation states that it is model DVC90) and then plug in the Dazzle device to her PC (via USB) - which Windows XP SP2 recognizes properly, and the green LED light on the Dazzle lights up.

But, when I attempt to capture video via the EMC 8 Deluxe Video Capture utility – it locks up hard (mouse, keyboard - everyting) - even with NO A/V source cables connected.

After powering off and back on the PC, I get into EMC 8 Deluxe and try the Video Capture’s separate Audio Capture component, which does NOT lock-up. It appears to capture/record audio, but when I actually play the resulting recorded audio file – no sound is heard (the speakers work fine ;-).

Does she have a defective Dazzle device? Is there something we can try to resolve this?

6 answers to this question

Hi js541,

Can you do me a favour?... can you open Nero Vision Express, AM Capture, or Windows Movie Maker

if they are on your clients computer , and see if the device works ok though these apps?

as this will tell us if there are issues with the dazzle.

or with the App (EMC 8 Deluxe) running on the client computer, also make sure you have the latist DirectX (found Here) and DotNet runtimes (Found Here) on the PC.

And make sure that you only have the video plugged in for this test , leave all audio out of the unit.

Hi Neil,

Well, she at least has DirectX 9.0c - as that version is included in XP SP2, and I have her updating all of the Microsoft Updates automatically... so she should have the latest versions of Microsoft software updates and patches (i.e. .NET Framework vX.X) - plus, I should have installed the .NET Framework (both 1.0 and 1.1), as I do some .NET Dev stuff and want to make sure that her PC would be able to run it.

I provided her with a link to this message thread and she will attempt to see what happens using Windows Movie Maker (the only other software she has that would be capable of capturing video from a video capture device). That's a good suggestion, I should have thought of it. :)

I'll let you know her results when I know them.

Thanks!

.NET isn't required for Media Import that know. If it was, I wouldn't be using Roxio.

.NET is just a set of runtimes, I don't understand peoples reluctance to install it. That said, we do not required it as far as I know.

It's like requiring vbrun???.dll files for apps created with VB.

.NET is just a set of runtimes, I don't understand peoples reluctance to install it. That said, we do not required it as far as I know.

It's like requiring vbrun???.dll files for apps created with VB.

Never had a problem on my end. I just got word that the PVR software I use will be moving from 1.1 to 2....I've already installed it. So far, soooooo good.

Hi Neil,

Well, she at least has DirectX 9.0c - as that version is included in XP SP2, and I have her updating all of the Microsoft Updates automatically... so she should have the latest versions of Microsoft software updates and patches (i.e. .NET Framework vX.X) - plus, I should have installed the .NET Framework (both 1.0 and 1.1), as I do some .NET Dev stuff and want to make sure that her PC would be able to run it.

I provided her with a link to this message thread and she will attempt to see what happens using Windows Movie Maker (the only other software she has that would be capable of capturing video from a video capture device). That's a good suggestion, I should have thought of it. :)

I'll let you know her results when I know them.

Thanks!

No Probs, ill check back to see your reply.

I have a home user that I support who just purchased EMC 8 Deluxe. I plugged in the Audio/Video composite cables to the Dazzle device (the documentation states that it is model DVC90) and then plug in the Dazzle device to her PC (via USB) - which Windows XP SP2 recognizes properly, and the green LED light on the Dazzle lights up.

But, when I attempt to capture video via the EMC 8 Deluxe Video Capture utility – it locks up hard (mouse, keyboard - everyting) - even with NO A/V source cables connected.

After powering off and back on the PC, I get into EMC 8 Deluxe and try the Video Capture’s separate Audio Capture component, which does NOT lock-up. It appears to capture/record audio, but when I actually play the resulting recorded audio file – no sound is heard (the speakers work fine ;-).

Does she have a defective Dazzle device? Is there something we can try to resolve this?

Hi js541,

Can you do me a favour?... can you open Nero Vision Express, AM Capture, or Windows Movie Maker

if they are on your clients computer , and see if the device works ok though these apps?

as this will tell us if there are issues with the dazzle.

or with the App (EMC 8 Deluxe) running on the client computer, also make sure you have the latist DirectX (found Here) and DotNet runtimes (Found Here) on the PC.

And make sure that you only have the video plugged in for this test , leave all audio out of the unit.

Archived