5.1 Dolby Digital With Avchd (blu-ray Movie)?

VegiBo

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Blu-Ray disc with 5.1 Dolby Digital but every time I create the disc in Toast 9.0.2 it is downmixed to stereo (Dolby Digital 2.0 to be exact). This is extremely annoying... I've tried source files with both 5.1 AAC and 5.1 AC3 (using Compressor) which I have verified have 5.1 audio and each time they are down mixed. Please help.

Roxio clearly states that Toast supports Dolby Digital It would be a bit misleading if that meant they only support Dolby Digital 2.0 and not Dolby Digital 5.1...

Regards,

VegiBo

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Blu-Ray disc with 5.1 Dolby Digital but every time I create the disc in Toast 9.0.2 it is downmixed to stereo (Dolby Digital 2.0 to be exact). This is extremely annoying... I've tried source files with both 5.1 AAC and 5.1 AC3 (using Compressor) which I have verified have 5.1 audio and each time they are down mixed. Please help.

Roxio clearly states that Toast supports Dolby Digital It would be a bit misleading if that meant they only support Dolby Digital 2.0 and not Dolby Digital 5.1...

Regards,

VegiBo

5.1 AAC would be down-mixed as described, but 5.1 AC3 should be passed through without encoding.

Would you be able to provide me with a piece of your video?

5.1 AAC would be down-mixed as described, but 5.1 AC3 should be passed through without encoding.

Would you be able to provide me with a piece of your video?

Is there a secure place I can upload this for you?

I'm a game developer and the video is confidential. I'm trying to use Toast to convert it to playback with 5.1 AC3 sound on the PS3 which can play m2ts and mts files. As mentioned, I've been trying to use Toast 9 to do this but the AC3 track is not passed through.

Is there a secure place I can upload this for you?

I'm a game developer and the video is confidential. I'm trying to use Toast to convert it to playback with 5.1 AC3 sound on the PS3 which can play m2ts and mts files. As mentioned, I've been trying to use Toast 9 to do this but the AC3 track is not passed through.

Click on Patrick's name, and send him a Private Message.

Archived