• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Codes

grandpa_ed_in_Fla

Question

this is driving me totally crazy. last night it would burn one or two dvd-r's fine then I got error code 0x130c000a, now tonight I burn two fine and now I'm getting error code 0x1bc0001, is this something that I'm causing or is it the Roxio?

I even unistalled and reinstalled totally last night trying to make the thing work correctly.

8 answers to this question

this is driving me totally crazy. last night it would burn one or two dvd-r's fine then I got error code 0x130c000a, now tonight I burn two fine and now I'm getting error code 0x1bc0001, is this something that I'm causing or is it the Roxio?

I even unistalled and reinstalled totally last night trying to make the thing work correctly.

Reboot in between burns.

The movies are Not Protected Content & they aren't zipped....... If they were zipped i wouldn't know how to open them @ all

Zipped and compressed (link) are two different things. If you compress the files, essentially the data is pushed together to save space. The computer has to uncompress the files to be able to use them. This does take CPU energy.

Zipped files- I guess you know what zipped files are.

How much free and defragged space do you have on your computer. I the hard drive is almost full, it could be causing the problems. Are you using an internal hard drive?

Also clear all the junk files on your computer.

What appliction are you using/ Are you copying or are you creating projects and then burning those?

ok, this is a 2 month old computer & it has Vista. I have no problems burning cd's, or music dvd's. My problem is, ( and I'm serious it's driving me nuts) not to mention the lost DVD's I blown.

I have an external hard drive for my movies and they are stored within it, (music also). i have compressed all drives including the external plus I defrag. all drives continually.

I have tried the compile Dvd's & movies, the Dvd's are 16 x's and I have even tried to burn on the slowest speed..

most the time it burns and freezes totally, then other times it burns maybe 40% of the movie then ejects the dvd.. I'm totally lost & this has taken the fun outta this totally. I have even tried to burn jokes that are 2 mins. long with others up to 3 or 4 mins and it won't work... the green quality bar below always shows quailty excellent but never changes or tells me what is used or availible. Trust me, this isn't fun. grandpa ed

ok, this is a 2 month old computer & it has Vista. I have no problems burning cd's, or music dvd's. My problem is, ( and I'm serious it's driving me nuts) not to mention the lost DVD's I blown.

I have an external hard drive for my movies and they are stored within it, (music also). i have compressed all drives including the external plus I defrag. all drives continually.

I have tried the compile Dvd's & movies, the Dvd's are 16 x's and I have even tried to burn on the slowest speed..

most the time it burns and freezes totally, then other times it burns maybe 40% of the movie then ejects the dvd.. I'm totally lost & this has taken the fun outta this totally. I have even tried to burn jokes that are 2 mins. long with others up to 3 or 4 mins and it won't work... the green quality bar below always shows quailty excellent but never changes or tells me what is used or availible. Trust me, this isn't fun. grandpa ed

Are you burning directly to DVD or are you first creating an iso (image) file and then burning the image file to DVD using Video Copy and Convert? You state that your movies are on an external drive that is compressed. Have you tried copying the source movie first to your system drive and using that copy. I don't know what kind of movies your are trying to burn (if commercial copyrighted then that will not work) but if they are on a compressed drive they will have to uncompressed from the drive, then rendered for DVD and that could well cause problems for the burning process.

What make of DVD media are you using? Is you burner firmware uptodate?

How much free and defragged space do you have on your computer. I the hard drive is almost full, it could be causing the problems. Are you using an internal hard drive?

Also clear all the junk files on your computer.

What appliction are you using/ Are you copying or are you creating projects and then burning those?

Are you burning directly to DVD or are you first creating an iso (image) file and then burning the image file to DVD using Video Copy and Convert? You state that your movies are on an external drive that is compressed. Have you tried copying the source movie first to your system drive and using that copy. I don't know what kind of movies your are trying to burn (if commercial copyrighted then that will not work) but if they are on a compressed drive they will have to uncompressed from the drive, then rendered for DVD and that could well cause problems for the burning process.

What make of DVD media are you using? Is you burner firmware uptodate?

The movies are Not Protected Content & they aren't zipped....... If they were zipped i wouldn't know how to open them @ all... how in the world do i take a movie an creat an ISO - Image? yes your taking to a grandpa that knows how to turn things on and with time gets them to open, hahaaa....... in about 5 attempts to burn a DVD, I ""MAY"" get one DVD THAT TOTALLY BURNS , THE REST STOP EARLY OR THE WHOLE THING JUST FREEZES. TONIGHT ONCE i GOT AN ERROR CODE OF 0X13OC000A

all i wish to do is put movies on the easiest way possible, and I don't believe Roxio doesn't have sometype of total instructions for beginners. Once I figured out the cd burner system I totally love it but this DVD burning is so hard when your not that into computers.

When you get the 'burn' screen that shows your DVD burner, UNcheck the DVD burner.

Now about half way down that burn screen, you'll see a 'Save Disk Image' and a location where the file will be stored. CHECK that box.

Once you've burned the Disk Image file, open Video Copy and Convert. Select as your source, 'browse for Disk image' and find the file you just made and burn the copies.

By separating the encoding and burning process, you'll have more success.

Archived