Videowave- Unable To Build Render Graph

ROXIO HATER

Question

"Unable to build render graph" is the error message that I get when I try to create a video in Videowave. No problems until now with 10. I trued to troubleshoot myself.I looked it up and ask "whatever her name is" said to 1.) go to start 2.) ro to run and then type in regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 10\VideoCore\sonicmcdsdv.ax".......I did this and I got a windows error message saying that this file could not be found. I had similar problems with 9 (It worked for a few months then crashed). Does anybody know how to fix this? Roxio fooled me twice SHAME on me.

20 answers to this question

"Unable to build render graph" is the error message that I get when I try to create a video in Videowave. No problems until now with 10. I trued to troubleshoot myself.I looked it up and ask "whatever her name is" said to 1.) go to start 2.) ro to run and then type in regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 10\VideoCore\sonicmcdsdv.ax".......I did this and I got a windows error message saying that this file could not be found. I had similar problems with 9 (It worked for a few months then crashed). Does anybody know how to fix this? Roxio fooled me twice SHAME on me.

Go to Tools/Options and change the render software and see if that works. Also, list your system specs.

Finally, "don't be hatin'"

Nice name... :ninja:

I tried that already. I was up til 3 AM reading the forums. I saw that someone said to try that and I did. It did not work! I AM PISSED that people have to pay thirty bucks to get help (WITH NO GUARANTEE OF FIXING THE ISSUE) and when I try to login to the E-Mail help - (below) is the message that I got. It WONT EVEN LET ME LOG ON. ROXIO IS A ^#!& COMPANY it is counting on its CUSTOMERS to do the work during troubleshooting! I mistakingly chose to count on their software with my business and it is costing me valuble time. If I have to take this to the Better Business Bureau I WILL. THANK YOU for being the ONLY PERSON to offer to help. Ironically you are not an employee you are a customer!!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

My system specs are:

HP PAVILLION DV 9000

Windows XP

Intel ® Core 2CPU

T7200@2.00 GHz

2.00 GHz 2.00GB of RAM

Running Windows XP

Media Center Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

The message that I got when I tried to get E-Mail help. A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.):

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.): A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)

perhaps you can use the correct path of the file C:\Program Files\Roxio\VideoCore 10\sonicmcdsdv.ax and try again. Also, what's the video card you have?

perhaps you can use the correct path of the file C:\Program Files\Roxio\VideoCore 10\sonicmcdsdv.ax and try again. Also, what's the video card you have?

THANK YOU for your help! NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600. I checked the drivers and they are up to date. What do you mean by use the correct path of the file?

Nice name... :ninja:

Thank you! I was inspired!

Have you read this thread?

BTW:

You gotta bring it down a notch. happy8.gif

Thank you for the link.......As I see it, the link is a different scenario (which again is not saying much). I stand by my comments on Roxio but it is refreshing that so many people are trying to help me. (An unsarcastic) God Bless America this time.

THANK YOU for your help! NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600. I checked the drivers and they are up to date. What do you mean by use the correct path of the file?

Thank you! I was inspired!

What gaper1 was saying is that the correct path to the file for regsvr is

C:\Program Files\Roxio\VideoCore 10\sonicmcdsdv.ax

Not the one you listed in your first post of

C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 10\VideoCore\sonicmcdsdv.ax

Having used the wrong path is why it couldn't register the file.

What gaper1 was saying is that the correct path to the file for regsvr is

C:\Program Files\Roxio\VideoCore 10\sonicmcdsdv.ax

Not the one you listed in your first post of

C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 10\VideoCore\sonicmcdsdv.ax

Having used the wrong path is why it couldn't register the file.

Larry and gaper1,

Thank you for the help. At your suggestion, I clicked run and put in:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Roxio\VideoCore 10\sonicmcdsdv.ax"

instead of

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 10\VideoCore\sonicmcdsdv.ax"

Unfortunately, it still didnt work. I got this message: LoadLibrary(C:\Program Files\Roxio\VideoCore 10\sonicmcdsdv.ax") failed. The specified module could not be found.

Larry and gaper1,

Thank you for the help. At your suggestion, I clicked run and put in:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Roxio\VideoCore 10\sonicmcdsdv.ax"

instead of

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 10\VideoCore\sonicmcdsdv.ax"

Unfortunately, it still didnt work. I got this message: LoadLibrary(C:\Program Files\Roxio\VideoCore 10\sonicmcdsdv.ax") failed. The specified module could not be found.

Have you tried doing a search for "sonicmcdsdv.ax" using Windows Explorer? If it finds it, then that path should work. Also, did you install EMC 10 on your C: drive? (I, for one, typically install my applications to my D: drive.)

Just a thought - check (by searching) if it's in a Sonic folder instead of Roxio

Thank you for trying to help!!! I just tried that I get an error message saying that it "refers to a location that is unavailable"

Have you tried doing a search for "sonicmcdsdv.ax" using Windows Explorer? If it finds it, then that path should work. Also, did you install EMC 10 on your C: drive? (I, for one, typically install my applications to my D: drive.)

1.)I went to start

2.) Then "search"

3.) Then I searched for windows explorer (im an intermediate computer user- I can use programs but there are gaps in my knowledge of windows)

4.) Found windows explorer, opened it and looked for sonicmcdsdv.ax in the Roxio and the Sonic folder. I did not find anything. Actually, the folder had previous versions 8 and 9 but no signs of 10 (in the roxio folder) the "Sonic folder only had -DigitalMedia Plus v7 in it, which I believe is from a previous version of Roxio Software. I found the install of 10 in a folder on my desktop. just last night I reinstalled ALL of the software to the C drive, yet the problem persisted. Im stumped!!!!

Thank you for trying to help!!! I just tried that I get an error message saying that it "refers to a location that is unavailable"

1.)I went to start

2.) Then "search"

3.) Then I searched for windows explorer (im an intermediate computer user- I can use programs but there are gaps in my knowledge of windows)

4.) Found windows explorer, opened it and looked for sonicmcdsdv.ax in the Roxio and the Sonic folder. I did not find anything. Actually, the folder had previous versions 8 and 9 but no signs of 10 (in the roxio folder) the "Sonic folder only had -DigitalMedia Plus v7 in it, which I believe is from a previous version of Roxio Software. I found the install of 10 in a folder on my desktop. just last night I reinstalled ALL of the software to the C drive, yet the problem persisted. Im stumped!!!!

And I get an error message when I type in sonicmcdsdv.ax in the windows search.

1.)I went to start

2.) Then "search"

And I get an error message when I type in sonicmcdsdv.ax in the windows search.

Hey RH..could try this...

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintas...ry/sonicmcdsdv/

Click to Run a FREE Scan for sonicmcdsdv.ax Related Errors.

Fix sonicmcdsdv.ax Errors: Free Scan

:)

If you've searched your drive using Windows Explorere and it can't find that file, then it sounds like something did not install correctly. About the only suggestion I can think of is to do a "clean install" to get rid of all the Roxio and Sonic stuff, then try the install of 10 again.

*** CLEAN INSTALL LINK ****

XP: http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

Make sure also that you have administrator rights and that any A/V software is disabled when uninstalling/installing.

One other thought. If v9 was working fine for months, as you noted in your first post, then quit working right, then something that was installed or updated probably corrupted it. The software doesn't just quit working for no reason. It could be anything from a registry cleaner to another program to spyware to a virus that is causing issues.

Actually, the folder had previous versions 8 and 9 but no signs of 10 (in the roxio folder) the "Sonic folder only had -DigitalMedia Plus v7 in it, which I believe is from a previous version of Roxio Software.
I highly suggest you uninstall ALL SONIC and ROXIO previous products. Reboot and then delete ALL those previous install folders. Run a registry cleaner. Also delete IE cookies since Roxio registration uses those. Follow the KB article that Larry posted for a 'clean install' when you reinstall EMC 10.

I also agree with Larry that something corrupted the part of the registry that EMC uses. Some registry cleaners are notorious for doing that.

When you open Windows Explorer, click on the "Search" Button, then select, "All files and folders". From there, put in "sonicmcdsdv.ax" (no quotes) for the file name. Where it says, "Look in" scroll up and set that to "local hard drives", and see if that finds the file anywhere. If it does, then you should be able to see the path for it.

Let us know if it finds it.

When you open Windows Explorer, click on the "Search" Button, then select, "All files and folders". From there, put in "sonicmcdsdv.ax" (no quotes) for the file name. Where it says, "Look in" scroll up and set that to "local hard drives", and see if that finds the file anywhere. If it does, then you should be able to see the path for it.

Let us know if it finds it.

Archived