Slideshow

doors222

Question

I have EMC 8 and just purchased the program last month. When I try to open

the slideshow from a folder I get this error message:

There are no media files in this folder that match the folder settings. To change

the filter settings, click the Filter for Media Types Button. Note there may be other

types of files in this folder. Media manager displays only media files.

Do I save my Slideshows to the media files? I tried to do this, and the media

file will not open.

Thanks Bob doors222@gmail.com

5 answers to this question

I used slideshow assistant to make a slideshow and saved it as prompted. However it saved as a DMSS file and when I try to open it with roxio the extensions do not include DMSS and do not allow me to change the type of file to search for.

If I try to open it directly it will not run as a slideshow- it just opens slide show assistant again with the original photos and music but does not play.

I also tried to burn it to CD and it will only play the beginning - the menu and the first slide

Any ideas?

I can't tell you why, but quite a few people have had trouble when making a slideshow that way, most people agree that it is best to make your slideshow in videowave. If you follow Bruce's instructions you should not have any problems.

Create a folder for slide shows, somewhere on your hard drive, outside of the Roxio software folders. Open VideoWave and make your slide show. Save you slide show to the folder you created for slide shows. Make sure that you give you slide show some unique name, so it is not written over by a new slide show. Your saved file will have a .dmsm extension.

Now, if you want to open that slide show again, you can do it one of two ways. You can open VideoWave again, then click on File, then on Open, and browse to the .dmsm slide show file, and click on it. It will open.

The other way to open it, without opening VideoWave, is by just browsing to your .dmsm file and double clicking on it. VideoWave will open with your slide show showing.

Now, when you are done working on your slide show, you take it to MyDVD to burn it. It is not necessary to do any other intermediate steps.

The file extension is .dmss. I saved the file to .dmsm. It opens OK in the VideoWave

format, but I now need to purchase a DVD burner, as I only have a CD burner. The

VideoWave format shares with me the media is not the correct type.

Someone shared with me that I can open it in a CD format, and a DVD format. BUt I

am unable to find this selection. The file is small enough to fit on a CD, but I am unable

to find the selection for a CD.

Honestly, I liked the format in EZ CD 6, much better. This new format is very confusing.

Bob

Create a folder for slide shows, somewhere on your hard drive, outside of the Roxio software folders. Open VideoWave and make your slide show. Save you slide show to the folder you created for slide shows. Make sure that you give you slide show some unique name, so it is not written over by a new slide show. Your saved file will have a .dmsm extension.

Now, if you want to open that slide show again, you can do it one of two ways. You can open VideoWave again, then click on File, then on Open, and browse to the .dmsm slide show file, and click on it. It will open.

The other way to open it, without opening VideoWave, is by just browsing to your .dmsm file and double clicking on it. VideoWave will open with your slide show showing.

Now, when you are done working on your slide show, you take it to MyDVD to burn it. It is not necessary to do any other intermediate steps.

The file extension is .dmss. I saved the file to .dmsm. It opens OK in the VideoWave

format, but I now need to purchase a DVD burner, as I only have a CD burner. The

VideoWave format shares with me the media is not the correct type.

Someone shared with me that I can open it in a CD format, and a DVD format. BUt I

am unable to find this selection. The file is small enough to fit on a CD, but I am unable

to find the selection for a CD.

Honestly, I liked the format in EZ CD 6, much better. This new format is very confusing.

BTW: I was in Vietnam from 1968 - 1969. I belong to an organization called the VVA,

here in California. I was stationed on Pleiku AB

Bob

Bob,

When you are finished with your slideshow and are ready to burn, add it to MyDVD once you have made your menu etc, click on the DVD icon. A window will open and I believe in the upper left hand side you will see a drop down menu that says DVD when you click on it you will have the choice of vcd and svcd. Just remember that the end result using a cd format will not give you near the quality of a DVD so getting a DVD burner would be a good idea, however, you can make a cd one in the meantime.

Yes v6 was simpler in some ways but far more limited. Once you get use to this program you will love it and wonder why you ever liked the original. It just takes a little getting use to. Let us know how you make out.

I have EMC 8 and just purchased the program last month. When I try to open

the slideshow from a folder I get this error message:

There are no media files in this folder that match the folder settings. To change

the filter settings, click the Filter for Media Types Button. Note there may be other

types of files in this folder. Media manager displays only media files.

Do I save my Slideshows to the media files? I tried to do this, and the media

file will not open.

Thanks Bob doors222@gmail.com

Archived