Same Movie, Different Length

TomInIowa

Question

Here is my "normal" workflow:

edit video on mac using Final Cut Pro.

use compressor to export blu ray compatiable files.

Then using bootcamp, windows vista and DVDitPro HD to make the blu ray disc.

Lots of times, after watching the video on the large screen tv while playing the movie on the blu ray disc,

I notice some scene that I don't like. So its back to Final Cut to edit the file and compressor to generate the

new "shorter" file.

At this point, when I start DVDit Pro HD up, it does NOT seem to notice the file length is shorter ( it ends up with black video and no sound on the tail end) So I delete the file from DVDit Pro, delete it from the media inside DVDit and then re-import it.

So this is a suggestion for the next version, have DVDit Pro check the files date modified and then "do the right thing"

when they have been modified.

1 answer to this question

Here is my "normal" workflow:

edit video on mac using Final Cut Pro.

use compressor to export blu ray compatiable files.

Then using bootcamp, windows vista and DVDitPro HD to make the blu ray disc.

Lots of times, after watching the video on the large screen tv while playing the movie on the blu ray disc,

I notice some scene that I don't like. So its back to Final Cut to edit the file and compressor to generate the

new "shorter" file.

At this point, when I start DVDit Pro HD up, it does NOT seem to notice the file length is shorter ( it ends up with black video and no sound on the tail end) So I delete the file from DVDit Pro, delete it from the media inside DVDit and then re-import it.

So this is a suggestion for the next version, have DVDit Pro check the files date modified and then "do the right thing"

when they have been modified.

Or a "refresh" button/dropdown would work also...

Archived