Dazzle Frazzle

CQ1

Question

Help, I have read the other questions on No Signak and hv done everything corrct..All Driver s are updated, Dazzle connected to back of computer... I still get no signal and also when I click the browse screen I get err message rmove write attributes when I right click on the drive with the dvd in it, there is no where under the general tab that shows the word read..... I do see the video and I do get the audio but it will not allow me to save..... (NO SIGNAL) Please Help

ThanksCQ1 :angry2::angry2::angry2:

17 answers to this question

What type of video are you trying to capture? If its a commercial DVD/tape, you can't capture it.

I'm sure that the OP is leaving something out.

The Dazzle would not be used to capture from a DVD. The Op would just put the disc into the computer and copy the files. If the user is using the Dazzle, the OP may be trying to capture from something like TIVO or other DVD recorder.

Until the OP comes back and clarifies what the OP is doing, all we can do is make bad guesses.

Come on CQ1, what are you really trying to do?

What type of video are you trying to capture? If its a commercial DVD/tape, you can't capture it.

I have a home movie on vcr. my vcr is connected to the dazzlw which is connected to my computer. I have Vista uUltimate ... I go into capture video...I see my video playing and the audio is there... below the screen I tried both to capture and save on my cd which is DVD+RW... the word no signal is there. when I ask to save to the cd I get an error message remove write attributes.. when I right click on the drive the dvd is in there is no box to either check or uncheck... that is one way I try to save.... The second way is when I try to save on my hard drive in my video folder it does not allow me to because it says no signal.......

Thanks

I have a home movie on vcr. my vcr is connected to the dazzlw which is connected to my computer. I have Vista uUltimate ... I go into capture video...I see my video playing and the audio is there... below the screen I tried both to capture and save on my cd which is DVD+RW... the word no signal is there. when I ask to save to the cd I get an error message remove write attributes.. when I right click on the drive the dvd is in there is no box to either check or uncheck... that is one way I try to save.... The second way is when I try to save on my hard drive in my video folder it does not allow me to because it says no signal.......

Thanks

Could you clarify a few things? How is your vcr connected, a/v cables directly into inputs on your pc? Also, you mention a few times saving to a cd, then refer to a DVD+RW, and then mention you ask the program to save to a cd. What precise type/brand media are you using?

Also, could you try and address sknis's comment? We are trying to help you out ....

Could you clarify a few things? How is your vcr connected, a/v cables directly into inputs on your pc? Also, you mention a few times saving to a cd, then refer to a DVD+RW, and then mention you ask the program to save to a cd. What precise type/brand media are you using?

Also, could you try and address sknis's comment? We are trying to help you out ....

Yes I know you all are trying to help and I do appreciate it and I thank you... I will start from the beginning.... I have Easy Creator 10 deluxe suite installed on my computer which the operationg system is Vista Ultamate. Here are my connections. My vcr recorder is connected to the Dazzle using an RCA cable I have it connected to the output on the VCR Rcorder then connected to the Dazzle which is connected in a USB port on the back of my computer..... I have a DVD+RW dvd in my dvd drive on my computer... I go to the capture video in the Easy Creator 10 media.. I have selected In the Capture Settings box (Dazzle DVC100 Video Device, then I go to SAVE to: and I choose my drive that the dvd is in then I get the No Signal in the Staus(where it is suppose to say Ready to Capture) and I believe because it says no signal, I get the remove write attributes.... So then I try to save it in on my pc in the video folder and because the no signal is on, it does not allow me to capture to save, neither in the save to disk nor on the pc in the video folder..... I don't know how else to explain it.. Also I have selected the composite video because I do have the RCA cable connected in the output on the vcr recorer... Thanks again CQ1

Yes I know you all are trying to help and I do appreciate it and I thank you... I will start from the beginning.... I have Easy Creator 10 deluxe suite installed on my computer which the operationg system is Vista Ultamate. Here are my connections. My vcr recorder is connected to the Dazzle using an RCA cable I have it connected to the output on the VCR Rcorder then connected to the Dazzle which is connected in a USB port on the back of my computer..... I have a DVD+RW dvd in my dvd drive on my computer... I go to the capture video in the Easy Creator 10 media.. I have selected In the Capture Settings box (Dazzle DVC100 Video Device, then I go to SAVE to: and I choose my drive that the dvd is in then I get the No Signal in the Staus(where it is suppose to say Ready to Capture) and I believe because it says no signal, I get the remove write attributes.... So then I try to save it in on my pc in the video folder and because the no signal is on, it does not allow me to capture to save, neither in the save to disk nor on the pc in the video folder..... I don't know how else to explain it.. Also I have selected the composite video because I do have the RCA cable connected in the output on the vcr recorer... Thanks again CQ1

P.S. I have to go to bed have to get up early for work... I will check back tomorrow evening for any response and again thanks for all of your hep...

I don't think it is possible to capture TO a DVD burner. Just isn't fast enough. You shold be capturing to your hard drive first. Even if you COULD capture to a blank DVD, that file wouldn't play in a regular DVD player. Video DVDs are a special file format and disc format.

Do you see the video in the preview window at all?

post-49-1211432888.jpg

I don't think it is possible to capture TO a DVD burner. Just isn't fast enough. You shold be capturing to your hard drive first. Even if you COULD capture to a blank DVD, that file wouldn't play in a regular DVD player. Video DVDs are a special file format and disc format.

Do you see the video in the preview window at all?

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, I do see the the picture in the preview window and I also hear the audio, and as I mentioned I tried to capture and save to the hard drive but it doesn't allow me to do so, says no signal... What I don't under stand is that the Dazzle instruction says you don't even need to turn on your computer just plug in the dazzle to a USB port on your computer and there it is. transfer all your vcr, etc... to dvd...what a lie, can't even transfer it to my computer. thanks anyways for all of your help.

CQ!

What I don't under stand is that the Dazzle instruction says you don't even need to turn on your computer ...
That makes no sense because the purpose of the Dazzle is to get the video from outside source into the computer. Besides the Dazzle gets its power from the computer through the USB cable. Don't confuse what your read with what you think the Dazzle should do. Getting video from the Dazzle to a DVD is multi-step process. They always make it SOUND simple, but it isn't.

First you capture

Edit if needed in Videowave

Then you create the DVD menu, etc., in MyDVD which burns the disc.

First we need to get you capturing. Apparently, you can see the preview and hear sound, but something happens. Make sure the VCR is still playing the tape. If you stop the VCR, there is 'no signal'.

Try recording as soon as you see the preview. The default location is My Documents\My Videos. Also make sure you have the latest Dazzle drivers from Pinnacle Systems. Get those here. Choose the device you have which should be the Dazzle DVC100.

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, I do see the the picture in the preview window and I also hear the audio, and as I mentioned I tried to capture and save to the hard drive but it doesn't allow me to do so, says no signal... What I don't under stand is that the Dazzle instruction says you don't even need to turn on your computer just plug in the dazzle to a USB port on your computer and there it is. transfer all your vcr, etc... to dvd...what a lie, can't even transfer it to my computer. thanks anyways for all of your help.

CQ!

Credit - Pinnacle Forum

"Re: A valid input signal has not been detected...

Did you download the correct driver here? Your model is located about 1/3 of the way down the list, and reads as follows:

Dazzle* DVD Recorder (DVC100 | USB | 14.0.0.162 (XP) | 14.0.0.162 (32 bit) (Vista 32 bit)

Also, check the compatibility page for using your DVC-100 with your OS here. Note that the DVC-100 is not compatible with Windows Vista 64 bit.

I would reboot, reinstall the drivers and reboot again. Then plug in all the components, turn on the DVC-100 and the video source and start it playing, then launch [The program] and click the Capture tab. Hopefully, you will be seeing the signal now."

As Gary says, if you stop the VHS, you will get no signal; press pause instead once you get to where you want to start capturing. Actually it is better to start capturing before that and then press press play.

Do you see the Dazzle device in the system hardware on your computer?

Sorry for some of the duplication Gary. :)

Help, I have read the other questions on No Signak and hv done everything corrct..All Driver s are updated, Dazzle connected to back of computer... I still get no signal and also when I click the browse screen I get err message rmove write attributes when I right click on the drive with the dvd in it, there is no where under the general tab that shows the word read..... I do see the video and I do get the audio but it will not allow me to save..... (NO SIGNAL) Please Help

ThanksCQ1 :angry2::angry2::angry2:

I am using Easy Media Creator Deluxe Suite 10........

What software are you using?? [name and version number] ?

Is That Where you choose the input, S-Video or Composite Video???? Yes I have tried both, but I am using Rca cable so I know it's composite video

The part I don't understand is if he can see a picture in the preview why does he get No Signal?

If there is no signal then a picture shouldn't be visible in the preview.

CQ1 is the Status left of the preview where it says No Signal?

When I get home I will get into Vista and post a pic of what it should look like if you have the setup you have.Maybe that will help.

CQ!

Can you take a screen shot that shows you have an image in the preview screen (which means that the signal is getting in), but nevertheless displays no signal? confused15.gif Do you mean the capture now button isn't available?

The part I don't understand is if he can see a picture in the preview why does he get No Signal?

If there is no signal then a picture shouldn't be visible in the preview.

CQ1 is the Status left of the preview where it says No Signal?

When I get home I will get into Vista and post a pic of what it should look like if you have the setup you have.Maybe that will help.

I thought that it might be a variation of the old problem where the capture would only be 3 or so seconds long. I can't find the thread because the darn search engine won't handle any words 3 letters or less and I can't figure out how to search for a string that made sense and every word had to be 4 letters or more. :angry:

I know I've run into that before.There are some things to search for that have less than 4 letters.Guess they don't want it to have to think too hard.

If I remember,most of those problems were driver issues and were fixed by either getting that latest driver from Pinnacle or just reinstalling.I could be wrong though or there could be other solutions.I'll see if I can find one.

Ok,here is a capture from Vista.My input is a satellite receiver but the setup should be the same.The only difference should be your input should say Composite.

If need be I can connect a VCR to see if that makes a difference.

post-85-1211479013.jpg

I know I've run into that before.There are some things to search for that have less than 4 letters.Guess they don't want it to have to think too hard.

If I remember,most of those problems were driver issues and were fixed by either getting that latest driver from Pinnacle or just reinstalling.I could be wrong though or there could be other solutions.I'll see if I can find one.

Ok,here is a capture from Vista.My input is a satellite receiver but the setup should be the same.The only difference should be your input should say Composite.

If need be I can connect a VCR to see if that makes a difference.

I have connected a VCR and if there is a problem I'll get a lost capture device or something like that. If you get no signal, like you said earlier, I don't see how you can get an image in the preview screen.

Archived