• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Drive Detected

raj24

Question

i'm not able to burn from roxio but directly from windows i can..

roxio isnt showing even disc information..it's showing "no drive detected" though blank dvd is detected by windows as shown in my computer.

check following link for screenshot.

capturext3.jpg

=======

one more problem..don;t know whether it's due to roxio or not.

data dvds which i burn from same laptop arent readble now but in other laptops and pc iot's readable..video dvds, cds all are readable but mostly all data dvds arent accessible on my lap[top while working fine on my friends' laptop/pcs..

is it due to some problems due to roxio? i've hp dv6226tx laptop with windows vista premium.

13 answers to this question

Am I the only one, or does Roxio provide some of the worst technical support for its products? The knowledge base is a joke.

I am having the same problem with no drive detected. I have a brand new Dell Vostro 200 and the DVD is not reconized. I reinstalled the software. I downloaded and installed the PXEngine and it didn't help. I checked the Dell web site and no firmware updates are available. My firmware is dated Jan. 2008. I go to disk information and select "do more" and I can get info on the drive.

I submitted an online request, but that was ignored. I submitted a second request and got a BS answer, so i followed up and got no response. I called and asked for a call back and got no response.

This software did not work on my old PC, but I thought it would work on my new PC. Roxio is the only company that reads and writes TIVO files.

Any suggestions other than giving up? :angry:

I tried this and it did not work. Now iTunes will not work even when I try an re-install it. Also, I tried the update for EMC 9 but got an error message that EMC 9 was not on my system. I have done two clean installs already. Any other suggestions?

Am I the only one, or does Roxio provide some of the worst technical support for its products? The knowledge base is a joke.

I tried this and it did not work. Now iTunes will not work even when I try an re-install it. Also, I tried the update for EMC 9 but got an error message that EMC 9 was not on my system. I have done two clean installs already. Any other suggestions?

Do you by chance have an EMC 9 version that came with a DVD burner or a computer? If so, you have a stripped down OEM version, and there are no Roxio updates for it.

Burners are given instructions by the Upper and Lower filters in the registry ( a simple explanation).If these filters get messed up then things don't work correctly.

The first thing I would do is to follow the Microsoft knowledge base article I linked a couple of posts up.This may fix it.

I am having the same problem with no drive detected. I have a brand new Dell Vostro 200 and the DVD is not reconized. I reinstalled the software. I downloaded and installed the PXEngine and it didn't help. I checked the Dell web site and no firmware updates are available. My firmware is dated Jan. 2008. I go to disk information and select "do more" and I can get info on the drive.

I submitted an online request, but that was ignored. I submitted a second request and got a BS answer, so i followed up and got no response. I called and asked for a call back and got no response.

This software did not work on my old PC, but I thought it would work on my new PC. Roxio is the only company that reads and writes TIVO files.

Any suggestions other than giving up? :angry:

it's posted in emc-8..i've emc 9..will it work?

=====

how to check or update firmware? [i've vista home premium]

Sorry, I didn't mention that but yes, it should work fine for your version. And if it doesn't work, it won't harm anything.

how to check or update firmware? [i've vista home premium]

If you have a Retail version of Roxio EMC 9, DVDInfo Pro is found in tools. Open it and it gives information on your drive and the firmware version, top right. If the drive came with the PC check for a update at the PC manufacture site, it might be a OEM only drive. If not go to the manufacture of the drive site and look for a update.

cd

thx..it's detecting drive now..

========

any clue about data dvd reading problem?

========

firmware NH61 [laptop : hpdv6226tx] is it updated? if not than can you help me in update it..

Best thing is to go to the HP website to find the correct firmware for your drive.

Archived