Rmc 8

Charlie22

Question

Where did RMC 8 forum go? Was this version so bad that no one is using it anymore?

I am having trouble with my optical drives reading discs. Will read some and not read some. It will read and play DVDs, will not read music CDs, will read it's own burned music CDs. Will not read some data CDs. but will read some.

Seems this started happening after I had RMC 8 load a virtual drive to play some home movies. Then I uninstalled it via RMC 8.

Another problem. maybe unrelated, is my external HP dvd840 optical drive will not read dvds recorded or blank. But it will read all other types of disks. I haven't a clue of what kind of a problem I have. I've run diag. software, looked in my hardware device manager, all show no problems.

I have RMC 8 build 805b30b ENU, Windows XP sp2 all updated,

Is RMC8 not supported anymore?

7 answers to this question

Where did RMC 8 forum go? Was this version so bad that no one is using it anymore?

I am having trouble with my optical drives reading discs. Will read some and not read some. It will read and play DVDs, will not read music CDs, will read it's own burned music CDs. Will not read some data CDs. but will read some.

Seems this started happening after I had RMC 8 load a virtual drive to play some home movies. Then I uninstalled it via RMC 8.

Another problem. maybe unrelated, is my external HP dvd840 optical drive will not read dvds recorded or blank. But it will read all other types of disks. I haven't a clue of what kind of a problem I have. I've run diag. software, looked in my hardware device manager, all show no problems.

I have never heard of RMC 8 :rolleyes: I believe you are talking about EMC 8. That forum still exists and can be found under Easy Media Craetor Products/Legacy EMC Products

Try the PX engine update, here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4195

And, to answer your question, IMHO, EMC 8 was a bad version. I didn't have any problems running the software, but the finished product from the encoding of video, was junk.

Archived