Start Of Songs Being Cut Off By Toast And Jam

bartrose

Question

Greetings. New to Toast and Jam. I just bought Toast 6 with Jam. My problem is that the start of my songs are being chopped off when I burn audio CD. Put it in a CD player and a few milliseconds of the start is gone. Burning from AIF mixes created from Pro Tools on a MAC. The files are 44.1 16 bit. Bart Rose- First Street Audio Recording, Ft. Worth TX

p.s. I can burn a data CD of these songs with Toast and Jam and put that in my PC, then open it and save as a new file, and burn (using CD Architect) and everything is fine.

6 answers to this question

Yes it came with my new Mac G5. Here is what it's labeled as in any software that sees it: HI-DT-ST-DVD-RW GWA-4165B. I can't find any decent info. about this drive on the internet though..

Purchased and Installed a second drive for the system today, a Lacie.. and all is well now. Thanks to all who replied to my threads. Bart Rose

Yeah, that sounds pretty strange. I dont supposed you have another drive or a friend that you can borrow a drive to test with?

Other then that, maybe confirm you have the latest firmware update for the drive.

So I returned the Toast 6 package with Jam to Comp USA and they gave me Toast 7 and I'm still having the same problems. So maybe it is the burner in the Mac.. hmm. Is firmware the same thing as a driver? Bart

Greetings. New to Toast and Jam. I just bought Toast 6 with Jam. My problem is that the start of my songs are being chopped off when I burn audio CD. Put it in a CD player and a few milliseconds of the start is gone. Burning from AIF mixes created from Pro Tools on a MAC. The files are 44.1 16 bit. Bart Rose- First Street Audio Recording, Ft. Worth TX

p.s. I can burn a data CD of these songs with Toast and Jam and put that in my PC, then open it and save as a new file, and burn (using CD Architect) and everything is fine.

p.s. After more testing, I've found that the audio is not getting cut off but it's the pause time in between tracks thats messed up. For instance, on a song with 2 seconds pause before it, the countdown timer shows 00:00, then 99:59, then the song starts. Pretty screwy eh. I've already updated to Jam 6.03 from the website but nothing has gotten better. I'm running a brand new Mac G5 and not sure what's up. Bart

Archived