Dazzle

Reginna

Question

I just completed purchasing and downloading drivers etc for dazzle. I have used dazzle for about a year now for transferring vhs to DVD. I am happy to find tha Roxio is now offering dazzle with their product.

Here is my problem, when I attempt to use the dazzle through Media Import I get unknow capture error. Am I not going through the right program for this? Since I do this for a living I would really love to use it through Roxio instead of Studio 10. Thanks a bunch for any help you can give me.

10 answers to this question

Using the RCA's is just fine.I happen to use the S-Video.Just make sure the Input dropdown says Composite.

Also,in Device Manager you should have 2 entries,1 for Dazzle Video device and 1 for Dazzle Audio device.Both should be where you looked under Sound.If you don't have both entries then I don't think it's going to work correctly.That probably is a driver problem and the driver needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled.

When you try and capture do this.Turn on the VCR and start playing the video.Now open Media Import and see if you get picture and sound.If you do see if you can capture.If you need to pause during capture use Pause and not Stop.If you use Stop you may lose the signal.

Using the RCA's is just fine.I happen to use the S-Video.Just make sure the Input dropdown says Composite.

Also,in Device Manager you should have 2 entries,1 for Dazzle Video device and 1 for Dazzle Audio device.Both should be where you looked under Sound.If you don't have both entries then I don't think it's going to work correctly.That probably is a driver problem and the driver needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled.

When you try and capture do this.Turn on the VCR and start playing the video.Now open Media Import and see if you get picture and sound.If you do see if you can capture.If you need to pause during capture use Pause and not Stop.If you use Stop you may lose the signal.

Thanks............I believe the drivers could be the problem I will un and then re. :):)

.. also make sure that the Dazzle device is plugged into one of the USB ports on the back of your computer and not into any hubs.

Some ports on the front do not have the power to properly drive that device.

Chaged to USB plug in back of my computer and it still gives me " Unknown Capture Error"

I am going through the video capture module and it says I can import from a VCR. Iwonder

if maybe I need to upgrade me program? I don't want to go back and use Studio 10 that

came with the dazzle.

It depends on your source really - the Dazzle interface is designed to capture analogue video and sound - for digital video, you need to use the Firewire port on the computer and the Line In on the sound card

I guess the first thing I'd ask is what OS are you using?XP or Vista?

Next,when you fire up Media Import do you see a picture and get sound?

Are you connecting the VCR with RCA's or S-Video?

Have you been using the same setup to capture in Studio 10 successfully?

With the Dazzle you shouldn't have much of a problem getting it to work in XP.

As long as you have the correct drivers loaded and Media Import set to the correct inputs it should work.

If you look in Device Manager under Sound do you see 2 entries for the Dazzle,one for Video and one for Audio?\

Look at this.Make sure all the arrowed places are set correctly.You may have different settings for the Input and also for the locations and names.

post-85-1211477660.jpg

When I load media import ( windows xp) it says no signal detected. Then before I can go any further I get the unknown capture error.

Yes I have been transfering into Studio 10 successfully. Non of the other choices and be selected due to the error.

Looking at the screen shot that you sent am I suppose to be using the s Video to transfer from VCR to Computer?

I have the RCA plugged into the out plugs on the back of the VCR and into Video, Audio L & R nothing is plugged

into the S-Video.

Under Sounds and video in device manager Dazzle is listed once.

We are leaving shortly for our Granddaughters graduation from Kindergarte ( BIG event :) ) I will be checking back as soon as we get

home later this evening.

I deeply appericate your patients and help with this problem

Archived