Avi Sound And Mpg Soun

Stirgud

Question

I have a file called Chapter 1,.avi and I have a file Chapter 1.mpg

In video Wave 10 I can hear the audio on file Chapter 1.avi but I can not hear/see the audio on Chapter 1.mpg

I took Chapter1. avi and made a convert to create another mpg file called Chapter 1-1.mpg

I placed Cahpter 1.avi and Chapter 1.mpg and Chapter 1-1.mpg into video wave 10. They are only 3 min. 10 sec clips)

Chapter 1.avi - has sound

Chapter 1.mpg -has no sound

Chapter 1-1.mpg - has no sound

- right clip - edit - native audio option show an audio file attached to only one file and that is Chapter 1.avi.

It is as though the audio got stripped away in the process.

How do I resolve this problem

Dimesion 9200 computer - loads of memory - fast and is working very well with Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0

1 answer to this question

I have a file called Chapter 1,.avi and I have a file Chapter 1.mpg

In video Wave 10 I can hear the audio on file Chapter 1.avi but I can not hear/see the audio on Chapter 1.mpg

I took Chapter1. avi and made a convert to create another mpg file called Chapter 1-1.mpg

I placed Cahpter 1.avi and Chapter 1.mpg and Chapter 1-1.mpg into video wave 10. They are only 3 min. 10 sec clips)

Chapter 1.avi - has sound

Chapter 1.mpg -has no sound

Chapter 1-1.mpg - has no sound

- right clip - edit - native audio option show an audio file attached to only one file and that is Chapter 1.avi.

It is as though the audio got stripped away in the process.

How do I resolve this problem

Dimesion 9200 computer - loads of memory - fast and is working very well with Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0

How did you "convert" the avi to mpeg? Where did the Chapter 1.mpg com from?

Archived