• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio/adobe Encore Issues

LubaUtah

Question

Like a couple posters I've about had it with EMC 10. I've installed it on two machines that previously had no problems running Encore 2.0 and Encore CS3. Now, even after following all the uninstall protacol, Encore still doesn't work and I'm out $100 for EMC 10 and lots and lots of lost hours of productivity, missed deadlines, etc.

Roxio support said there were "no known issues with Roxio and Encore" but with about 10 minutes of Google search I found dozens. At this point I would PAY Roxio $100 to get rid of its software and get my Encore DVD authoring working again.

Suggestions?

10 answers to this question

Okay... two similar machines... same symptoms but the one I use most is Dell optiplex 745 2Gig memory, Intel Core 2 2.13Ghz....I have lots of experience ending video on this machine with no problems until EMC 10

After: Runtime errors ( fixed those )

What I can fix is that Encore 2.0 and Encore CS3 won't let me do anything twice ... odd huh?... I can preview the DVD once, it I try a second time, I get "general error" I can burn one DVD, but if I try to burn a second one, I get "general error" the only way I can get it to work again is to log off or reboot.

I am positive that this is related to EMC 10 because the exact same symptoms have occured on two different machines and three versions of Encore. I have a third maching, a laptop that has EMC 10 on it but no Adobe video software and it seems to work okay... though I have not tried all the conponents.

I have done all the clean unistalls. And the problem persists.

Could it be some sort of conflict with the decoders? I had a similar problem when editing/compiling DVD's with Nero and Cyberlink's PowertoGo and PowerDVD and it turned out to be a conflict with the decoders. I installed too many besides the ones already provided by the programs and was able to correct the problem by removing them one by one and trying using the software after each time until I detected the culprit then I removed it. I don't know if this could be your case but it will not hurt to check it out.

Like a couple posters I've about had it with EMC 10. I've installed it on two machines that previously had no problems running Encore 2.0 and Encore CS3. Now, even after following all the uninstall protacol, Encore still doesn't work and I'm out $100 for EMC 10 and lots and lots of lost hours of productivity, missed deadlines, etc.

Roxio support said there were "no known issues with Roxio and Encore" but with about 10 minutes of Google search I found dozens. At this point I would PAY Roxio $100 to get rid of its software and get my Encore DVD authoring working again.

Suggestions?

Format C:?

Remove all programs using the control panel method that are associated with Roxio, Sonic and Encore one at a time. Then delete all folders containing such names (be sure to save any projects or data that you want to keep). Then get a good registry clean program (I use JV16 Power Tools) and clean your registry. Reinstall the software per the vendor's recommended process.

Remove all programs using the control panel method that are associated with Roxio, Sonic and Encore one at a time. Then delete all folders containing such names (be sure to save any projects or data that you want to keep). Then get a good registry clean program (I use JV16 Power Tools) and clean your registry. Reinstall the software per the vendor's recommended process.

okay fair enough, this is the tedious but effective way to solve most software issues. I'd just like to find out if there is anyone anywhere that has been able to use EMC10 and Encore on the same machine. Roxio isn't talking and Adobe seems to be in denial

I think that you will find that at both companies, we have very little experience with the other's software. I'll pass along to the team to keep their eyes out for conflicts between the two programs but a quick search of our database doesn't have any listings at all for Encore. If users are having problems they aren't telling us (accept you of course).

Can you give us some more details regarding the symptoms that you get so we can look into the issue in our test labs?

I think that you will find that at both companies, we have very little experience with the other's software. I'll pass along to the team to keep their eyes out for conflicts between the two programs but a quick search of our database doesn't have any listings at all for Encore. If users are having problems they aren't telling us (accept you of course).

Can you give us some more details regarding the symptoms that you get so we can look into the issue in our test labs?

Okay... two similar machines... same symptoms but the one I use most is Dell optiplex 745 2Gig memory, Intel Core 2 2.13Ghz....I have lots of experience ending video on this machine with no problems until EMC 10

After: Runtime errors ( fixed those )

What I can fix is that Encore 2.0 and Encore CS3 won't let me do anything twice ... odd huh?... I can preview the DVD once, it I try a second time, I get "general error" I can burn one DVD, but if I try to burn a second one, I get "general error" the only way I can get it to work again is to log off or reboot.

I am positive that this is related to EMC 10 because the exact same symptoms have occured on two different machines and three versions of Encore. I have a third maching, a laptop that has EMC 10 on it but no Adobe video software and it seems to work okay... though I have not tried all the conponents.

I have done all the clean unistalls. And the problem persists.

Archived