• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Images To Disc Burn In Wrong Order...

Lou G

Question

Hello,

This is my 1st post to this forum. I am a Photographer and use EMC 9 on my Vista Laptop. I have hundreds of photographs that I burn to disc for my clients, and am experiencing an annoyance that I hope somecan help with.

I name my files numerically and place them in one folder:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

etc...

I have disk spanning enabled and burn the images to CD-R. When I'm done I review the disc and observe that there are files out of order. For example I just popped in Disc 1 of 4 and found the following:

148.jpg

149.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

379.jpg <<---- why does it do this??? :blink:

The last file on the disc is always way out of order. Anybody have any idea why it does that? I know when I go to check the rest of the discs, the last file will be out of order as well. As a whole it burns all the files but that last file is always out of order. Try explaining that to a client! <_<

Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

Are you meaning that the last file in the set, which should be on disc 4, has been written on disc 1? If so I don't know why that is happening.

Not many (if any) of the gurus here have much confidence in disc spanning mode so you may be hard put to find anyone who has used it lately. May I suggest that it might be better to allocate files to your discs manually. It's a pain, but you won't have to explain anything to your clients.

My first reaction is the same as Brendon's. You go through a lot of effort to present your creation to your client, why would you stop being creative when you burn???

On the other hand, assumes you are using Creator Classic, what happens if you set File – Project Settings to "Do not split files in a multi-disc projects"?

Does that make any difference?

Are you meaning that the last file in the set, which should be on disc 4, has been written on disc 1? If so I don't know why that is happening.

Precisely! Bizzare isn't it? :blink:

And it's consistent which is the real kicker. It does this kind of thing every time.

I expect disc spanning to work properly. Does it work properly for anyone else? Or are others experiencing this problem too?

Just wondering.

My first reaction is the same as Brendon's. You go through a lot of effort to present your creation to your client, why would you stop being creative when you burn???

On the other hand, assumes you are using Creator Classic, what happens if you set File – Project Settings to "Do not split files in a multi-disc projects"?

Does that make any difference?

I'm not at my laptop now but I'm using EMC 9 (mentioned in original post). Is that an option in 9? If so I will try it. Thanks!

Archived