Sonic Record Now

Ulises A

Question

Please Help,

i'm using sonic Record now version 7. I am trying to burn MP3's about 700mb onto a CDR cd. It works; but it copies everything in alphabetical order instead of the order I have the playlist as. I want my music in specific order but when it's burned; it changes that order and everything gets mixed up. How can I fix this?

4 answers to this question

Your CDR full of MP3 files is a data disc. Windows specifies the order that the files are displayed in, not the burning program.

To have your files display in a particular order you'll need to use a number or something similar to get Windows to display them in the order you want.

e.g.

01 The Windows song.mp3

02 Ain't Microsoft a pain.mp3

03 She Was Only The Woodcutter's Daughter.mp3

. . .and so on.

To have these files play in a particular order you will need to construct a playlist file that your player will recognize and obey, and burn it to the disc along with the files.

Regards,

Brendon

Your CDR full of MP3 files is a data disc. Windows specifies the order that the files are displayed in, not the burning program.

To have your files display in a particular order you'll need to use a number or something similar to get Windows to display them in the order you want.

e.g.

01 The Windows song.mp3

02 Ain't Microsoft a pain.mp3

03 She Was Only The Woodcutter's Daughter.mp3

. . .and so on.

To have these files play in a particular order you will need to construct a playlist file that your player will recognize and obey, and burn it to the disc along with the files.

Regards,

Brendon

In addition, if your player doesn't support a playlist, then it will likely play them in the alphabetical order you see. You say you have a .M3U file, is it in the order you want? And do you know that your player supports playlist files?

Archived