Sony Handycam Dvd Capture

Robert in Santa Clara

Question

I have a Sony DVD Handycam. The first set of DVD's I captured using media manager worked great. This was from a vacation back in November. I just got back from another vacation and have 2 DVD's from the trip created on the Sony DVD Handycam. When I try to capture the entire DVD it does not capture the entire DVD. There are about 37 chapters in total (starts and stops). It only captures up to 25. The capture is one continuous stream and the quality is good. When I try and capture the remaining chapters individually, the audio is out of sync with the video. I have tried several times to capture the DVD from hooking up the Handycam via USB or inserting the DVD into the DVD drive of the computer (desktop). The original DVD when played in a DVD player displays fine on the TV. I have a new computer that has all the correct system requirements and more. Any thoughts. Bob

2 answers to this question

I have a Sony DVD Handycam. The first set of DVD's I captured using media manager worked great. This was from a vacation back in November. I just got back from another vacation and have 2 DVD's from the trip created on the Sony DVD Handycam. When I try to capture the entire DVD it does not capture the entire DVD. There are about 37 chapters in total (starts and stops). It only captures up to 25. The capture is one continuous stream and the quality is good. When I try and capture the remaining chapters individually, the audio is out of sync with the video. I have tried several times to capture the DVD from hooking up the Handycam via USB or inserting the DVD into the DVD drive of the computer (desktop). The original DVD when played in a DVD player displays fine on the TV. I have a new computer that has all the correct system requirements and more. Any thoughts. Bob

What mode did you capture on the camcorder -DVD-R / -RW / +RW. Logical: DVD-Video / DVD-VR / DVD + RW video . The DVD VR mode would be the only one that will need a little extra work.

Read this thread.

Finalize the disc and then just copy the files from the disc to your computer. Search for the solution for the VR mode.

What mode did you capture on the camcorder -DVD-R / -RW / +RW. Logical: DVD-Video / DVD-VR / DVD + RW video . The DVD VR mode would be the only one that will need a little extra work.

Read this thread.

Finalize the disc and then just copy the files from the disc to your computer. Search for the solution for the VR mode.

DVD-R

Robert

Archived