• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Best Way To Install?

vid2man97

Question

Even though emc10 suite is in my signature, I still haven't gotten around to installing it. That's probably a good thing as it turns out that I've noticed that there is a remote possibility of a ntldr problem.

I've naturally read through the pinned post but I'm wondering if I could get additional advice before installing.

Since the update is downloadable separately, am I best to do the update via update while online after installing the program (as John suggests), or would it be more prudent to download the update first and run it after the main program installation (but before reboot of course)? Are there any other tips to be aware of when installing?

thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

I would download the update before doing the install…

I would also recommend strictly following the Clean Install procedure – Here

(BTW, I have installed V10 several times and never used the update and never had the NTLDR problem… But mine is a very well kept clean machine with a minimum of programs installed)

The computer I'm using was wiped and upgraded just a few months ago and I too try to keep it slimmed down but I supposed there's no harm in applying the update(I'm a paranoid sort of fellow)....as you suggest by downloading ahead of time and doing the clean install to remove remnants of my ver.8.

thanks for the advice Jim

The computer I'm using was wiped and upgraded just a few months ago and I too try to keep it slimmed down but I supposed there's no harm in applying the update(I'm a paranoid sort of fellow)....as you suggest by downloading ahead of time and doing the clean install to remove remnants of my ver.8.

thanks for the advice Jim

It is kind of hard to reach into the fire a second time… :D

Even though emc10 suite is in my signature, I still haven't gotten around to installing it. That's probably a good thing as it turns out that I've noticed that there is a remote possibility of a ntldr problem.

I've naturally read through the pinned post but I'm wondering if I could get additional advice before installing.

Since the update is downloadable separately, am I best to do the update via update while online after installing the program (as John suggests), or would it be more prudent to download the update first and run it after the main program installation (but before reboot of course)? Are there any other tips to be aware of when installing?

thanks in advance

You don't need to install EMC10 first and then the update. Just run the updated installer and it will perform a full installation. This is the way I was able to install EMC10 it as I couldn't install it from the original CD no matter what I did. Good luck! :)

I thought that's what was happening when I saw the size of the "update". Glad I have fast internet connection. I happen to have the suite version on DVD.

As an update though, (against my usual paranoia of things that can go wrong), I decided to simply install from my DVD and see how it goes.

All seems fine and the reboot came up without any ntldr message.

My question now is... Is the update necessary, or merely recommended, seeing as this error is not occurring. Or, could it occur in the future if I don't update? As you can see, my paranoia isn't fully gone..lol

thanks

Archived