• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recovering From "moved Files"

RoyRetreat

Question

I did search around, but so far haven't found an answer

Suspect many have run into the same problem.

My photos, audio and roxio video files dmsm, etc. have been and must be moved to larger hard drives.

At present my videowave, video, photo and audio files are spread over several hard drives, in part as backups and in part because new hard drives had to be added to accomodate growing file sizes...

Is there a tutorial/procedure to

Move all the needed files so that one can continue to edit a videowave project?

Find the missing files for a videowave project so that they can be "reattached" to the project

avoid having to do this in the first place.

I'm also trying not to duplicate rather large photo/image files if I can avoid that.

I there's a tutorial just point me in the right location

If not, I'd welcome some advice...

Richard

1 answer to this question

I did search around, but so far haven't found an answer

Suspect many have run into the same problem.

My photos, audio and roxio video files dmsm, etc. have been and must be moved to larger hard drives.

At present my videowave, video, photo and audio files are spread over several hard drives, in part as backups and in part because new hard drives had to be added to accomodate growing file sizes...

Is there a tutorial/procedure to

Move all the needed files so that one can continue to edit a videowave project?

Find the missing files for a videowave project so that they can be "reattached" to the project

avoid having to do this in the first place.

I'm also trying not to duplicate rather large photo/image files if I can avoid that.

I there's a tutorial just point me in the right location

If not, I'd welcome some advice...

Richard

There is no tutorial for what you are talking about.

I prefer to gather all my source files (video,audio, photos) that I am going to use in a project into one project folder. I may create subfolders (video, photos, audio) for the source files if there are a lot. definitely avoid having your source files spread over different hard drives. This of course may create duplicate files at certain times.

Video work requires large hard drives, >300GB is recommended. Once I have finished a project, I usually delete all the source files used in the project (which I of course have backed up somewhere else) from the project folder. Be sure to keep any project files (such as the dmsm or dmsd files) in their original folders where they were created. I then burn the project folder to a CD or DVD. You can then also delete the project folder since you can always recreate the folder from the saved project files and copiy the source files back into those folders if you need to make some project changes in the future.

Archived