Motion Artefacts On Bluray Dvd

freecam

Question

I've had Toast 9 for about a month and I'm still trying to get good burns onto bluray. The issue continues to be ghosting and jittery motion of my clean 1080i footage when burned onto BD-R. I'm convinced it's the encoder that is the culprit. Is anyone using Toast 9.0.3 and seeing an improvement in this area?

Regards,

Freecam

4 answers to this question

Update: Now I'm getting Bluray discs with the correct aspect ratio and no motion artefacts. I use MPG4-AVC option and reset the aspect ratio to 16:9. It seems by rechoosing it the software resets it and does the correct sizing. Don't use MPG-2 encoding. It creates those terrible motion artefacts. I think I'm set now and ready to burn to BD-R. I"ve been using BD-RE discs till now to do these tests. Any questions just call me.

Freecam

Update: For the "fun of it" I tried the MPG4-AVC option instead of MPG-2 and to my surprise it fixed the problem. The only issue I have with MPG4-AVC is that it squeezes the video that is 16:9 to 4:30. By using the "wide fit and move" option on my HDTV I can correct the aspect ratio and everything looks great (finally). I don't know what is causing the aspect ratio problem since I"ve checked 16:9 in my settings.

Question to Patatrox: What is the difference between MPG-2 and MPG-4 AVC ?

Regards,

Freecam

Archived