Burning

DonnaCA

Question

I created a slideshow first in slideshow (because I wanted pan & zoom on all panels) Then opened it in videowave to further edit. Burned a DVD using MYDVD.

The problem: There are many blank panels where pictures should be. There seems to be no common thread for the drops (e.g file size, dpi, etc.) Does anyone know what causes random drops and how do I correct the problem? Also, when I added the video production from Videowave into MYDVD the audio track did not import? How do I fix that?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Does it matter whether I use DVD+R (which is what I've been using) or should I use DVD-R? I want to have a DVD which will be most compatitble to DVD players.
No Difference! A "pressed" commercial DVD is the only form of DVD that enjoys widespread compatibility. 'Dash' or 'Plus' will yield about 80% compatibility or a 20% failure rate…

Also, if I lower the burn speed option in my DVD burner will that help cut down on errors (and possibly dropped panels) when burned?
Doubt it will make one drop of difference. When your project goes to disc there are no panels, no slides, no menu buttons or anything else… It has been rendered into one continuous data stream.

If you were getting burn errors from your Burner, then it could be the fix but that is not what is happening.

I created a slideshow first in slideshow (because I wanted pan & zoom on all panels) Then opened it in videowave to further edit. Burned a DVD using MYDVD.

The problem: There are many blank panels where pictures should be. There seems to be no common thread for the drops (e.g file size, dpi, etc.) Does anyone know what causes random drops and how do I correct the problem? Also, when I added the video production from Videowave into MYDVD the audio track did not import? How do I fix that?

Thanks

Pan and Zoom in Video Wave is called Automotion. In the storyline view, select one image and right click on it. Apply automotion. You will get a message that it was applied to all images in the production.

Don't like the one that was selected? Repeat add automotion until you get the one you want.

If the project previewed OK, then from MyDVD, burn (encode) to an ISO file; deselect the other options. When the encoding finishes, close MyDVD and open Video Copy and Convert (VCC). Navigate to the ISO file and you'll be able to preview it. If it looks and sounds OK, then you can copy the ISO file to a disc. This process separates encoding from the burning so your computer doesn't have to work so hard.

If the preview in VCC is missing audio or images, then the problem is in your project. Go back to Video Wave and output the file to mpg2 best quality for DVD. The encoding will hang when there is a problem or you will see blank panels. Edit the production at those time frames.

If there are specific images that hang, double click on them and do something small and save. If the audio is not there, wav files work best. You cannot add any music from an on-line store folder.

Try it using Software Rendering (Tools – Options – Render).

This has been a problem for some and I think that was one solution???

Already set to "Software Rendering"

I will try to burn as an ISO file and see if that works better.

Does it matter whether I use DVD+R (which is what I've been using) or should I use DVD-R? I want to have a DVD which will be most compatitble to DVD players.

Also, if I lower the burn speed option in my DVD burner will that help cut down on errors (and possibly dropped panels) when burned?

Anyone have an idea why the audio track doesn't inport when bringing in a videowave production into MYDVD? I used the "Smartsound" which comes with the program so it shouldn't be the file format.

Thanks for all the input. It really helps in narrowing and hopefully correcting the problems.

Archived