Colorizing A Photo

karri

Question

I've previously added color to old black and white photos in PSE and wondered if I could do it in PhotoSuite, as well. Turns out I could. I know colorizing photos isn't for everyone, but for those who might be interested, I've posted a video tip. (If you don't know how to make selections in PhotoSuite, view the Making Selections video tip first.)

Before and after sample photo

Colorizing a Photo in PhotoSuite

5 answers to this question

Another tutorial that is facinating Karri. Looks like a lot of work, especially when there are so may different areas that need to be colorized. But all the work is certainly worth it when you can take an old B&W photo and turn it into a beautiful colorizd photo.----"Now if I just knew what color dress Grandma wore back then" ?? <_<:) Many thanks Karri for your work !!

Frank...

Thanks Frank! You are so right ~ I speculated for a while on the color, and googled 1900 fashions, but most of them were b&w illustrations, so I took a guess. I think the most surprising was one that included a 1929 Ford Coupe ~ maroon with yellow tires!

Once you do a few of them, they go pretty fast. It's a good project for a rainy Sunday afternoon :D and, although I'm sure not as good as the pros, folks really seem to like them.

Awesome ! :o

Ditto cubed!

Thanks you guys :)

You are amazing!! I could watch your tutorials all day long!! Thanks.

Rachel

Thanks Rachel! I hope they are some help :)

Another tutorial that is facinating Karri. Looks like a lot of work, especially when there are so may different areas that need to be colorized. But all the work is certainly worth it when you can take an old B&W photo and turn it into a beautiful colorizd photo.----"Now if I just knew what color dress Grandma wore back then" ?? <_<:) Many thanks Karri for your work !!

Frank...

I've previously added color to old black and white photos in PSE and wondered if I could do it in PhotoSuite, as well. Turns out I could. I know colorizing photos isn't for everyone, but for those who might be interested, I've posted a video tip. (If you don't know how to make selections in PhotoSuite, view the Making Selections video tip first.)

Awesome ! :o

Guest RCD74

You are amazing!! I could watch your tutorials all day long!! Thanks.

Rachel

Archived