• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Transitions Durations

lulu1one

Question

How do set transition time? I have tried to set the time from docking the effects selector and by choosing set transition durations, and in both instances when I try to apply the same time to all transitions it changes all the transitions to the same one icon...exp. all fade outs. Will not let me apply time to all. lulu

2 answers to this question

How do set transition time? I have tried to set the time from docking the effects selector and by choosing set transition durations, and in both instances when I try to apply the same time to all transitions it changes all the transitions to the same one icon...exp. all fade outs. Will not let me apply time to all. lulu

I do not use EMC 10 for slideshow projects but instead I use Movie Maker 6 -Vista version- and when you start a project and then change the transition time, it will take effect not retro but from that point on. It makes sense that it allows you to change it from that point on instead of screwing up all the previously designed portions.

You are correct in your suggestion about all of the transitions changing to the same exact transition when you change the duration time on one transition and then check the option to change them all to that duration. This is a mis-represented option in EMC 10. EMC 9 had the same options and it did work, but for some reason EMC10 does not. So in EMC10 you have to use the option to change just that single transition duration time. This question has been beat up many times on the Forum and as far as I know there is NO way of changing the way it works. Roxio has been advised of this situation several times and maybe in a newer version it will be fixed.

Frank...

Archived