How To Post Video Wave On You Tube

mackmanron

Question

15 answers to this question

Please no yelling - turn off all caps unless you have a vision impairment.

Did you make a video file in Video Wave, select output (film reel icon)? It should be a mpg2 or similar. It won't work if you are trying to upload a video project (dmsm, dat, etc). What is the extension of the file you are trying to upload?

This is what You tube accepts.

Read carefully and slowly because it seems that instructions are NOT being followed. I know that you are becoming frustrated but unless you can read and follow directions and respond logically (notice what I bolded above), then this is going to take a long time.

i have been following your directions to the letter now i think i see what the problem is youtube or photobucket will not allow me to upload my video wave production as a whole with all my features and effects it will only accept it as a raw footage clips to the site and then you can edit them on there software. which sucks i look at there software and you cannot conduct half the features roxio has on there setup. i am pissed all of this work and now i cannot broadcast it with all the work i have done. thanks you guys for your help.

If you indeed have the OEM version, you might want to try the free version of Buzz (Light) Oops I just noticed that it is no longer available.

There is the full version of Buzz which will do video editing and uploading. Before you make a decision on it, you might want to consider the full version of EMC as posted above. If you plan to do any audio work or to upload images, music, videos to portable devices, you'll probably want EMC.

Why don't you just upload the videos to UTube using the instructions on UTube after you edit them and output them to an acceptable UTube format using Video Wave/MyDVD ?

HELLO I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU GUYS FOR HELPING WITH THIS PROBLEM I AM HAVING OK NOW I TRIED ALL OF THESE STEPS FROM MEDIA MANAGER WHEN I GET TO UPLOAD VIDEO TO UTUBE IT STATES ONE OR MORE FILES CANNOT BE UPLOADED FILE ERROR DAT.

WHEN I TRY TO UPLOAD IT FROM THE UTUBE WEBSITE IT STATES INVALID FILE

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG NOW?

i have been following your directions to the letter now i think i see what the problem is youtube or photobucket will not allow me to upload my video wave production as a whole with all my features and effects it will only accept it as a raw footage clips to the site and then you can edit them on there software. which sucks i look at there software and you cannot conduct half the features roxio has on there setup. i am pissed all of this work and now i cannot broadcast it with all the work i have done. thanks you guys for your help.

YouTube will allow you to "upload my video wave production as a whole with all my features and effects" as long as your upload video falls within the limits set by YouTube. What "exotic" features and effects are you using?

YouTube will allow you to "upload my video wave production as a whole with all my features and effects" as long as your upload video falls within the limits set by YouTube. What "exotic" features and effects are you using?

nothing exotic just a basic photo montage with music and credits with dizzlove special effects ytube will not allow me to upload to the site

i dont know what else to try do i need to call tech support?

HELLO I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU GUYS FOR HELPING WITH THIS PROBLEM I AM HAVING OK NOW I TRIED ALL OF THESE STEPS FROM MEDIA MANAGER WHEN I GET TO UPLOAD VIDEO TO UTUBE IT STATES ONE OR MORE FILES CANNOT BE UPLOADED FILE ERROR DAT.

WHEN I TRY TO UPLOAD IT FROM THE UTUBE WEBSITE IT STATES INVALID FILE

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG NOW?

Please no yelling - turn off all caps unless you have a vision impairment.

Did you make a video file in Video Wave, select output (film reel icon)? It should be a mpg2 or similar. It won't work if you are trying to upload a video project (dmsm, dat, etc). What is the extension of the file you are trying to upload?

This is what You tube accepts.

Read carefully and slowly because it seems that instructions are NOT being followed. I know that you are becoming frustrated but unless you can read and follow directions and respond logically (notice what I bolded above), then this is going to take a long time.

nothing exotic just a basic photo montage with music and credits with dizzlove special effects ytube will not allow me to upload to the site

i dont know what else to try do i need to call tech support?

Does your video meet You Tube's requirements? It doesn't sound like you are meeting them. You may not be able to have it, YOUR way. Look again, in Steve's link.

What option are you referring to?

hello when i right click on the file the option load too youtube does not appear.

now i change the output to the required outputs and it will not upload to youtube or photobucket what am i doing wrong? please help.

Can we go back to the beginning?

What kind of file are you trying to upload to UTube?

You cannot upload your VideoWave production. (.dmsm) file.

You need to do a File\ Output as..... pick a video file and choose a file type accepted by UTube... WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG. According to UTube "Once you've finished editing your video, made sure it's less than 10 minutes, smaller than 100MB, and in an acceptable format, you're ready to upload it"

*edit* Actually, you can upload over 100 MB, but you have to follow their instructions on how to do that.

hello when i right click on the file the option load too youtube does not appear.

now i change the output to the required outputs and it will not upload to youtube or photobucket what am i doing wrong? please help.

If you don't have Media Manager, you have a cut down OEM version and not the full Retail Package.

post-39730-1211798928.jpg

If you do, this is what a right click on a movie clip will yield

post-39730-1211798943.jpg

If you indeed have the OEM version, you might want to try the free version of Buzz (Light) Oops I just noticed that it is no longer available.

There is the full version of Buzz which will do video editing and uploading. Before you make a decision on it, you might want to consider the full version of EMC as posted above. If you plan to do any audio work or to upload images, music, videos to portable devices, you'll probably want EMC.

Why don't you just upload the videos to UTube using the instructions on UTube after you edit them and output them to an acceptable UTube format using Video Wave/MyDVD ?

hello i made a video on video wave and i would like to post it on you tube when i try to upload this file it states that this file is not reconized and need to be converted how do i do this? thanks

There have been lost of posts regarding this, a search in this forum will give lots of hits.

Check out this post?

Can we go back to the beginning?

What kind of file are you trying to upload to UTube?

You cannot upload your VideoWave production. (.dmsm) file.

You need to do a File\ Output as..... pick a video file and choose a file type accepted by UTube... WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG. According to UTube "Once you've finished editing your video, made sure it's less than 10 minutes, smaller than 100MB, and in an acceptable format, you're ready to upload it"

*edit* Actually, you can upload over 100 MB, but you have to follow their instructions on how to do that.

i have two files one that states dmsm with a little video camera in side the file box at the bottom is the file name and the file type mpeg

then the one next to it states the file name also and mpeg inside the box is a circle with a line across it. that is the one i am trying to upload but is not accepted.

hello i made a video on video wave and i would like to post it on you tube when i try to upload this file it states that this file is not reconized and need to be converted how do i do this? thanks

You have to create a video file first. Videowave file is NOT a video file, it is a set of editing instruction. Open you Videowave production and then select the icon reel or File->Output As. Output it as wmv or mpeg (there are other selections). That is the video file that you need to select in the post that Walt provided above.

Archived