• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Rob3

Chapter Thumbnails

Question

Please help. I have chapters in Mydvd and it plays when selected, but the thumbnails are messed up, instead of the scene where the chapter is I get a purple blur with the subject of the photo barely visible.

It's with a better quality dvd playback mpg file created with Slideshow maker.

Any clue what's happening?

4 answers to this question

Please help. I have chapters in Mydvd and it plays when selected, but the thumbnails are messed up, instead of the scene where the chapter is I get a purple blur with the subject of the photo barely visible.

It's with a better quality dvd playback mpg file created with Slideshow maker.

Any clue what's happening?

Have you updated your drivers for you video card as well as running the lates version of DirectX 9c? Have you tried rendering in software mode instead of hardware mode (under Tools/Options). To create slideshows you should be using Videowave, the slideshow wizard is not very flexible and lots of posters have problems with it.

Listing your system specs, especially video card is also recommended when asking for help as well as giving a bit more detail on what you are doing exactly.

If you are referring to the thumbnails that turns purple (or some other color) when selected, that is normal and depends on your menu settings.

I have a dell dimension E510 pentium 4 duo processor with windows xp media center edition service pack 3, all drivers up to date, using a radeon x300 se 128mb Hypermemory video card.

Trying to make a slideshow dvd with menu and chapters.

Black is purple in the chapter buttons even when unselected.

Another thing that happened was that the menu style "Home Theater" is messed up.

I have a dell dimension E510 pentium 4 duo processor with windows xp media center edition service pack 3, all drivers up to date, using a radeon x300 se 128mb Hypermemory video card.

Trying to make a slideshow dvd with menu and chapters.

Black is purple in the chapter buttons even when unselected.

Another thing that happened was that the menu style "Home Theater" is messed up.

That X300 onboard chip may not work with the software. There are many posts, in the forums, that refer to that chip.