• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Do I Need To Upgrade

cptjackson

Question

I just bought a new laptop that has Roxio Creator DE installed. Before I bought the laptop, I purchased EMC 10 Suite. My question is do I need to install the EMC 10 on the notebook becuase I can't tell if the Roxio Creator DE is a trail product or something. Also, if it is recommended that I install the EMC 10, should I uninstall the Roxio Creator DE first. Thank you so much in advance for you help.

5 answers to this question

I just bought a new laptop that has Roxio Creator DE installed. Before I bought the laptop, I purchased EMC 10 Suite. My question is do I need to install the EMC 10 on the notebook becuase I can't tell if the Roxio Creator DE is a trail product or something. Also, if it is recommended that I install the EMC 10, should I uninstall the Roxio Creator DE first. Thank you so much in advance for you help.

The programs that usually come pre-installed on computers are crippled or lite versions and many only do the minimum. Depending on exactly what you want to do, the full version is certainly much better especially if you already bought it. I do suggest you completely remove the older version first using the clean install proceedure.

XP Clean install

Vista Clean install

The programs that usually come pre-installed on computers are crippled or lite versions and many only do the minimum. Depending on exactly what you want to do, the full version is certainly much better especially if you already bought it. I do suggest you completely remove the older version first using the clean install proceedure.

XP Clean install

Vista Clean install

Thanks but does anyone actaully know what the DE in Creator DE stand for. Just want to make sure before I uninstall the software. Seems to me that I should be able to just update the current version currently on the system with most current version of the software that i just bought.

Is is safe to say that the I can not just update the current pre-installed software version with the EMC 10 Suite CD that I boght from the store. Thank you again for all you help as I really want to us the program but want to make sure that I do it the right way before make any changes on my laptop. Thanks.

Thanks but does anyone actaully know what the DE in Creator DE stand for. Just want to make sure before I uninstall the software. Seems to me that I should be able to just update the current version currently on the system with most current version of the software that i just bought.

Is is safe to say that the I can not just update the current pre-installed software version with the EMC 10 Suite CD that I boght from the store. Thank you again for all you help as I really want to us the program but want to make sure that I do it the right way before make any changes on my laptop. Thanks.

You have a OEM Dell version.

The DE probably stands for (Dell Edition), so any updates would come from them. It came pre-installed (many companies have similar agreements with Roxio), so it did not cost you anything(its built in to the total price of your system). Depending what you are going to be using your laptop for, it may meet your requirements.

XP Clean install

Vista Clean install

So do you think it would be bad to just install the EMC 10 Suite on top of the DE version that is on the laptop now? Thanks.

Archived