• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

desertgrunt

Mydvd: Chapters During Preview Mode Not Functioning

Question

I almost have my dvd complete the way I want it, but when I go to the "Preview" mode (where there is a remote control and allows to navigate through the movie/chapters/submenus/etc.) and try to view a certain chapter, it takes me to the beginning of the video as opposed to the chapter it is suppose to play. I've checked the settings on each and every chapter and they all appear to be linked to its appropriate chapter. Has anyone ran into this problem?

:angry2:

7 answers to this question

There appears to have been a lot of activity on the amount of individuals that have read this thread, but no replies. Let me know if i'm not making any sense.

Thanks in advance.

There appears to have been a lot of activity on the amount of individuals that have read this thread, but no replies. Let me know if i'm not making any sense.

Thanks in advance.

I don't remember viewing chapters from the preview mode. I have viewed them by double click in the chapters in the tree on the lower left side of MyDVD.

Even then, when I double click on the chapters on the submenu tree it still doesn't play the designated chapter but rather jumps to the beginning of the movie. The submenu does have a preview window for each chapter and they are showing the correct chapter but when I double click on it, it just plays the beginning the beginning of the movie. I've right-clicked on the different chapters and checked to make sure they are linked to the correct part of the movie.

Upon final review of the video before I burned it, it still didn't respond how it was supposed to. So I burned the project on to DVD anyways and everything looks like I wanted (strange). But I ran into another problem or rather question.

The sound and video doesn't respond well when I play the DVD on a computer (or it could be the software interface being used such as Window Media Center, Creative, RealPlayer). The sound for the main menu seems to play the audio for a second and gives a second of silence throughout the song. This is the second copy that i've done and the second copy that does this on the PC. Although, when I play the DVD on a DVD player, it plays just fine without any audio issues. Can this be corrected? Is it more likely the way that I set it up to burn the project onto DVD?

Upon final review of the video before I burned it, it still didn't respond how it was supposed to. So I burned the project on to DVD anyways and everything looks like I wanted (strange). But I ran into another problem or rather question.

The sound and video doesn't respond well when I play the DVD on a computer (or it could be the software interface being used such as Window Media Center, Creative, RealPlayer). The sound for the main menu seems to play the audio for a second and gives a second of silence throughout the song. This is the second copy that i've done and the second copy that does this on the PC. Although, when I play the DVD on a DVD player, it plays just fine without any audio issues. Can this be corrected? Is it more likely the way that I set it up to burn the project onto DVD?

If the DVD plays fine on a stand-alone DVD player that suggests that there is nothing wrong with EMC and the burn process and the problem is with the media and your PC player.

If the DVD plays fine on a stand-alone DVD player that suggests that there is nothing wrong with EMC and the burn process and the problem is with the media and your PC player.

I would have thought that but if I play a regular DVD, lets say "Silence of the Lambs", it plays fine. In any other regularly produced DVD's the computers play the movies just fine.

All in all, the software is kinda working for my intended purposes and i'll leave it at that.