Help: Toast 9.0.2 Is Recompressing Eyetv Videos Instead Of Burning Straight

HarryCambs

Question

Just purchased Toast 9, it crashed straight away when burning my first video from eyeTV, so I opdated to 9.0.2, and 9.0.2 instead of burning the original MPEG2 video straight on DVD (just multiplexing) insists on recompressing the video (which of course wiill take hours instead of minutes to burn a simple DTV recording and of course there is the horrible degradation in video quality associated with recompression).

Is it possible to revert back to Toast 7 (which actually worked) with the same licence or do I have to return toast 9 to the shop?

3 answers to this question

Do you have Never re-encode selected in the Toast Custom encoder settings window? How are you adding the EyeTV videos to Toast?

Yep, did that, and after it started multiplexing for a few seconds it gave up and started compressing.

Yep, did that, and after it started multiplexing for a few seconds it gave up and started compressing.

I've seen that too. Maybe this will be fixed in the next Toast update. Meanwhile, in EyeTV select your video and choose Export. Save either as an MPEG program or elementary stream (I do the latter). Add that to Toast (you only need to add the .m2v if doing elementary streams as Toast matches the audio file automatically). I believe you'll find that the re-encoding does not occur.

Archived