• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Return To Menu On Dvd Player

Hans de Haan

Question

While playing the DVD on a PC one can go back to the menu. On my DVD set player pressing the 'menu' button gives an error 'incompatible tv-system set-up'. This happens with all types of menu's created by ROXIO.

I have a Panasonic DVD set player connected to my TV.

The only way to get to the menu again is to eject the DVD from the set because it resume playing from the location in the film where I stopped the playing.

9 answers to this question

While playing the DVD on a PC one can go back to the menu. On my DVD set player pressing the 'menu' button gives an error 'incompatible tv-system set-up'. This happens with all types of menu's created by ROXIO.

The only way to get to the menu again is to eject the DVD from the set because it resume playing from the location in the film where I stopped the playing.

Hi Hans,

I am having simular problems to this. I note that you hav'nt updated this thread since June. Have you resolved your problems?

If you have how did you correct them?

Disagree all you like but 2 people reporting problems are hardly a lot…

You realize that Roxio ships on virtually every Dell, HP & Compact made???

That is about One Million packages a month. If it were a problem, it would have been noticed.

It has not…

It is many more than two people even in the Roxio forums. The group is even larger if you search in Yahoo and Google on Media Creator 10 problems.

I have been a customer of Roxio and Sonic for more than ten years. Is it so hard to admit that Media Creator 7 works on most TV players and Media Creator 10 does not work on as many? There is a difference between 7 and 10.

I have done a clean install as recommended by Roxio and processed a video file in Media creator 7 and it works on my TV DVD player. I then do another clean install on the same computer following the Roxio instructions for Media Creator 10 and process the exact same video file and it does not work on my TV DVD. The only difference is the version of Media creator. The media Creator 7 disk works perfectly and the media creator 10 disk locks up. It is not the disk. I am using the same brand of disk from the same package and Media Creator 7 works and Media Creator 10 does not.

I hope the true problem is discovered and a patch is created in the near future. Meanwhile please don't send people on wild goose chases.

Thanks! Dennis.

Degreed Electrical Engineer (University of Missouri, 1978) and Degreed Computer Scientist (University of Iowa, 1987). I think my scientific method of investigation for this problem is sound. I am very happy for you if your TV DVD works with Media Creator 10. However there are many people with DVD payers that do not work with Media Creator 10.

I think my scientific method of investigation for this problem is sound.
Your methodology may seem sound to you, but flawed without more DVD brands for testing. Even if there are more people with this problem, how do YOU account for the hundred's of thousands if not millions that it works perfectly fine? I've tested ever single DVD I've created in myDVD 10 with a high end Sony, a Samsung, a Lite-on and a really cheap Cyberhome. They have all worked perfectly fine. Over the past year, I've even made reunion DVDs for family members and not a single one has complained that the menu didn't work correctly.

If this was a WIDE SPREAD problem, we would have heard more about it here and we haven't or more of us here should be able to reproduce it.

Dennis: My Father-In-Law had a DVD Player that would only play Commercial pressed DVD Movies and ones I burned on DVD RW media!

I burned test samples with V8, V9 and V10 with 2 different burners and used a variety of media but only RW would partly work…

Even then it would only play through from start to finish so menus & chapters were useless. The Player failed in less than a year and I was happy to replace it with one that worked as expected.

What Science would explain that? :rolleyes:

It is a Player compatibility issue, there is nothing wrong with the DVD.

Try changing the Type of media you are using: If you are using 'plus' media, try 'dash', if 'dash', try 'plus'.

I disagree. I have the same problems. DVD's burned on the same brand disks from the same package on the same drive of the same computer using Media Creator 7 work fine. DVD's burned with Media Creator 10 do not work. There is something different about Media creator 10. Enough people have reported problems like this that Roxio should start listening!

Disagree all you like but 2 people reporting problems are hardly a lot…

You realize that Roxio ships on virtually every Dell, HP & Compact made???

That is about One Million packages a month. If it were a problem, it would have been noticed.

It has not…

It's a function of the set top DVD player. I , personally, own two DVD players and a DVD recorder. All THREE have different functions on the remote for returning to the menu and they all three work differently according to the BRAND. My Sony DVD/VCR combo only has two buttons labeled Menu and TOP Menu. The menu button only takes the viewer back to LAST menu used which could be a sub-menu. The 'TOP' menu button will always take the viewer back to the MAIN MENU regardless.

My Samsung only has one button and it only takes the viewer back to the last menu which may NOT be the Main Menu.

Archived